? servers

? players online

ZM on CS:GO

• Content Count:  147

Zombie Mod (ZM) has always been one of my favourite gamemodes on the CS franchise. It has been something very close to my heart and very many others from SG and other gaming communities. I know you used to be revolved as a community for ZM. I really think it would be a great addition to bring back.

I was talking to @pizan about the memories we both had have on ZM server. ZM is such a beloved gamemode andit is very easy to control. i would know because i am an admin on a ZM server for a different community. Yes, this gamemode died, but who doesnt say we can revive it? People are always going on about ZE being great but it came from a ZM background. Maps like atix all came from one source. You guys cant just let such a legendary status gamemode go to waste.

Most of my favourite moments are from ZM. Infact, they proably all are. If this was to come back, it could be just as it was, or we can build it to be better than the powerhouse it was. I love the ZM gamemode, it has always been a pleasure to be part and an admin in a community which has one. All it needs is to be picked back up by a community and what not a better place than SG? i would love to see this gamemode return in all its glory . It can, all it needs is someone to take that oppurtunity.

I hope that you guys will because it is a great gamemode which shouldnt of disappeared. Please bring it back. What a great gamemode it is..

• Content Count:  6759

We already had an MGT for this mode in October. Event was fun but honestly speaking, the hype around it had died after a few hours. It's hard to keep a strong population for it and its even harder to manage because it's quite similar to ZE and so not a lot of people are aware how these gamemodes work.

We already had an MGT for this mode in October. Event was fun but honestly speaking, the hype around it had died after a few hours. It's hard to keep a strong population for it and its even harder to manage because it's quite similar to ZE and so not a lot of people are aware how these gamemodes work.

True, it is hard to keep a strong population. I had that problem around a year into administration of a ZM server. The reason for things like that is a lack of updates or not focusing on the right needs for the server e.g. like adding a MC model over fixing a !store glitch/never fixing it. i guess that could be why its hard to manage also but it only is similar to ZE in a couple of ways. For the most part, they are entirely different. Yes ZE has aspects from ZM but it came from ZM so it should.

• Content Count:  2668

I agree with the lack of ZM servers. Like Black Rain said though, the populations drop fast (minecraft server is an example) after the new wears off.

I've felt the same way though, especially looking how SG had 1 or 2 ZE servers (1 was dedicated to ZE Boat Escape iirc) along with ZM. It would be nice to see a return of zombie servers though, but a way to keep them populated has to be figured out.

• Content Count:  101

The problem with ZM I have found recently was balance. There is always one or two OP spots on a map and the rest are pretty much useless with how the mod has gone, but that was back when i really stopped playing which was years ago.

I agree with the lack of ZM servers. Like Black Rain said though, the populations drop fast (minecraft server is an example) after the new wears off.

I've felt the same way though, especially looking how SG had 1 or 2 ZE servers (1 was dedicated to ZE Boat Escape iirc) along with ZM. It would be nice to see a return of zombie servers though, but a way to keep them populated has to be figured out.

Keeping a new server populated it pretty hard, it takes time but i think if we focus on primary updates and not aesthetical updates, the server could had a stable population

The problem with ZM I have found recently was balance. There is always one or two OP spots on a map and the rest are pretty much useless with how the mod has gone, but that was back when i really stopped playing which was years ago.

Balance is easily changed. you can pick maps which have been tested to be balanced and you can also make your own with SDK if you want. we have many talented peple so i dont think balancing wont be much of a problem imo.

Reply to Thread