? servers

? players online

Crossfire

• Content Count:  22

Ok I got a question for everyone.

I've seen a lot of "crossfire" kills in JB recently.

This needs some clarification to everyone I believe, not just me.

If you kill an innocent T because of "crossfire" while trying to kill a T that is rebelling, then its technically not a freekill and its ok.

I understand that many Ts while use their teammates as cover if they are rebelling and even some Ts run around in front of the rebeller. (I've seen this so many times and its really funny when they complain about being shot).

But anyway, thats not mainly the point. Every CT that I've ever played with, I feel, does not let the victim of the crossfire go to medic after it happens(If they are still alive after the crossfire happens). I believe that unless the T was intentionally going infront of the T rebelling then I think the T should automatically be able to go to medic. Of course the CTs would need to say yes and the T can just go on his own to medic.

Let me know what you guys think about this topic please. I hear to much arguing about crossfire on the JB server and it gets kinda annoying cause the CTs never end up giving good orders after, and it just gets chaotic.

Thanks a lot guys,

Mocks

P.S. Any stance you have on this topic is fine! Just comment and let me know what you guys think! Thanks.

• Content Count:  1621

Jb is a highly situation game mode, when it comes to crossfire. There is many different ways it can happen, so it would be hard to say what both players were doing at the moment it happened. There are some good ct's that will let you heal, others who just want to keep order and keep t's in an area. It would be hard to enforce a rule/a situation to automatically go heal, more than likely those people would end up getting free killed going to medic (if it were implemented). People have always claimed they were shot for no reason, but do intentionally go in front of a teammate to take the damage. It'd be hard to say what actually happened that's my point, a ct would say one thing, while a t said the other. Too many different points of view clashing. I think that it would just be abused and not really work that well, but that's just my opinion. Thanks for at least putting it in for suggestion and debate :)

• Content Count:  2844

Jb is a highly situation game mode, when it comes to crossfire. There is many different ways it can happen, so it would be hard to say what both players were doing at the moment it happened. There are some good ct's that will let you heal, others who just want to keep order and keep t's in an area. It would be hard to enforce a rule/a situation to automatically go heal, more than likely those people would end up getting free killed going to medic (if it were implemented). People have always claimed they were shot for no reason, but do intentionally go in front of a teammate to take the damage. It'd be hard to say what actually happened that's my point, a ct would say one thing, while a t said the other. Too many different points of view clashing. I think that it would just be abused and not really work that well, but that's just my opinion. Thanks for at least putting it in for suggestion and debate :)

I agree with what Phonicz said. In my opinion it is best to let the CT decide whether they want to let the T heal or not.

• Content Count:  660

It's a bad idea to try and control every single thing happening in PB because you can't, in the end crossfire just happens and the players will have to deal with on their own, thats how RP based servers work.

• Content Count:  1619

The problem with most of these "crossfire" kills is you get some dingus spraying into a crowd and then they pull the "Oh that was crossfire".

Personally I think the bigger issue lately is being killed because someone "saw you kill someone" but the score shows you clearly didn't. Worst part is it's subscribers pulling that crap.

• Content Count:  1421

We can't add a rule for such a situational thing, that's dumb. That'd be like slaying every single person in TTT who accidently RDMed. We already have rules in place for crossfire and if a person is blatantly using crossfire to free kill the admims will eventually see that they are doing it. This isn't a big problem tbh, this happens very rarely because most of the times rebellers would rather be away from the group of Ts cus generally the CTs are watching the group so if you rebel inside a group, you're gonna have 10 Ts looking at you.

Also for little things like this, just message an admin an idea before you post it, often we have already had threads asking the exact same thing. Although we do appreciate you trying to help.

• Content Count:  4441

For once I'm late to the party but I'll sum up what everyone else said.

Making a rule for every little situation maybe considered thorough but overall it creates an oversaturation of rules that leads to complications & loopholing.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.