? servers

? players online

More Promotions!

• Content Count:  11501

As promised, we have some more promotions!

Before we get to that though, we'd like to acknowledge Vick for his hard work and dedication to the community over the years. That darned 'real life' thing has gotten in the way, and he has to spend his focus on that. He shall remain as an AO for the next few days while he helps out the AO's who are taking over for him. After that, he will be placed as a Legend. Thanks for all your hard work and we'd love to have you back among us one day as a higher up.

We haven't done any Legend promotions in awhile, and we feel it's about time! Mercy, Eldest, Third, and Psyche will be joining the Legends! All of these guys are old school players that have been around for years upon years, and we feel that it's long overdue. Their new duty is:

Show off with their cool purple font!

To the role of Administrative Officer, we are promoting Paralyzed! He has been an AO in the past, and has shown a lot of hard work and dedication since his return. His new duties will include:

• Verify that servers are operational
  • Reboot dead/lagged servers
  • Manage player bans/appeals
  • Assist in training new admins
  • Handle admin complaints
  • Handle disputes among fellow admins
  • Monitor the Teamspeak 3 server
  • Grant access rights to Teamspeak 3
  • Search for new maps for all servers
  • Upload maps to the servers and fast downloads site
  • Edit map lists & rotations
  • Issue permanent bans to players via request from SA's
  • Handle reported posts on the forum

And finally, to the rank of Technical Administrator, we have two players who have been around for awhile and have helped us out on the back-end of things in the past. We fully trust them and are confident we will benefit by having them among our other TA's! Please welcome Labarr and Spiritwind! Their new duties will include:

• Fix technical issues that arise day to day (servers/site)
  • Research/manage mods, scripts, and plugins to improve our servers
  • Develop solutions to improve our servers/mods performance
  • Discover and fix exploits against our servers/site
  • Assist in data backup operations for the community's data
  • Assist AO's when problems arise or others are on vacation

Please join me in giving all of these people a big round of applause!

We are also changing the minimum requirements for admin applications. We are lowering it to 100 posts & 30 days on the forums.

Stay tuned for the upcoming raffle, as well! Spiked and I have been working closely together trying to get a prize-pool finalized. He will be handling the skins while I will be handling the games we are giving away. So far, I have purchased a few of the Star Wars humble bundles, which include a ton of games (winners of that will receive every game included in the bundle, we aren't giving away those games individually). On top of that, I will be purchasing a few copies of 7 Days to Die since we just got a server for it! I have some other ideas for games, such as Witcher 3, Overwatch, etc., but none of those are finalized yet. If you have any suggestions for game ideas you would want to see in the raffle, send me a message!

Thanks everyone, have a good evening.

• Like 48
Edited by Caution

• Content Count:  6759

Thank you so much for being an awesome co-manager with me on MG and ZE, @Vick! You have been with me on my AO journey since I first got promoted and we have always worked together on the same server the whole time. I can't tell you how much it means to me that you've helped so much. I want everyone to give him a big thanks. This guy has gone above and beyond as an AO and he does so much work in the background but you won't even know its him. I like to call him the @Liam Brown of AOs! I'll miss doing AO work with you in a few days :(

Welcome to TA @Spiritwind and @Labarr!! You guys will do amazing work as TA and we look forward to seeing the things you bring to SG :)

@Paralyzed, :) you know I'm happy to see you come back to AO

Congrats on LG @Mercy, @Third and @Eldest! Well deserved for you guys!

@Psyche, marshallfan asked me to send you a message on his behalf. He said "Wow" :b1: Welcome back to LG m8 :d

• Like 3

Reply to Thread