? servers

? players online

Ratio fixation

• Content Count:  22

Hey Guys,

Just a question for mainly anybody that can provide a valid answer.

Is there anyway to place a cap on the amount of CTs, this cap would change due to the amount of Ts. The reason for the cap is so admins don't need to come on to fix the ratio.

For Ex. If there are 11 Ts, the CT cap would be around 5-6, (Nobody can join CT unless the ratio is above 2-1) to try to keep and even ratio.

I know that there would most likely be faults in this and if the CTs are horrible then no T that is good at CT can swap teams. But its just a suggestion because every time I go onto the server i feel, the ratio is always messed up and there ends up being conflicting orders all the time, ratio freedays over and over again, and even just conflict over the CTs and Ts that most likely nobody else wants to hear.

Let me know what you think and if the paragraph above ^^^ was confusing at all because of the wording.. Hahaha

Anyways, Thanks for reading, I look forward to all replies either good or bad.

Thanks Guys,

Mocks

Edited by MocksGaming
Admin addition stuff things

• Content Count:  4441

I think it's a good idea but I disagree with implementing it.

As you mentioned when CTs are terrible it sometimes requires someone to switch to help them. When I'm on the server if I see the CTs struggling I tend to switch teams to even things out regardless of ratio because depending on the map, skill level and amount teamwork between the CTs they could really use the assistance.

Good idea though! :usa2:

• Content Count:  1421

I think it's a good idea but I disagree with implementing it.

As you mentioned when CTs are terrible it sometimes requires someone to switch to help them. When I'm on the server if I see the CTs struggling I tend to switch teams to even things out regardless of ratio because depending on the map, skill level and amount teamwork between the CTs they could really use the assistance.

Good idea though! :usa2:

I completely agree.

Also switching people isn't that hard anyway, it's one small command and then if you have your message binded you just hit your bind.

• Content Count:  2001

I actually do think this is a good idea for most situations in the server. However, at times like others have said the CT team can struggle to maintain control and stay alive for an entire round and that is where it is useful to have more than 10 CTs. Also, with a lot of large maps being added into the server it can be very useful to have a large CT team in order to keep track of all the Ts.

• Content Count:  2262

I actually do think this is a good idea for most situations in the server. However, at times like others have said the CT team can struggle to maintain control and stay alive for an entire round and that is where it is useful to have more than 10 CTs. Also, with a lot of large maps being added into the server it can be very useful to have a large CT team in order to keep track of all the Ts.
When the ratio is not 1 ct per 2 Ts, the prisoners will start screaming ratio is fucked or ratio freeday and starting to pull admin into the game to fix it. I don't believe more than 10 Cts will be a good idea. Goku said the same thing to me but i doubted it.

• Content Count:  2001

When the ratio is not 1 ct per 2 Ts, the prisoners will start screaming ratio is fucked or ratio freeday and starting to pull admin into the game to fix it. I don't believe more than 10 Cts will be a good idea. Goku said the same thing to me but i doubted it.

Thinking more there are so few situations where more than 10 CTs are needed it might be a good idea.

• Content Count:  1257

Thinking more there are so few situations where more than 10 CTs are needed it might be a good idea.

Perhaps have the settings only take effect on certain maps, whereas the harder maps to maintain prisoner control or require more as it is larger do not?

I do know there has been days that its been an almost full time job on the server when its full keeping the teams balanced.

Edited by Spiritwind

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.