jb_tropical_island removal

• Content Count:  477

Map Removal

Full map name

jb_tropical_island

Type of map

Jail Break

Why should we remove it

So when ever we get to this mao everone just fights over the jetpack, team kills with the boats, or its one of those dumb war rounds or what ever it is. If not removed make it so there is no jetpack or warday. And idk if you can fix the boats but if you can do. Or just put a bridge with a acclerated movement

• Content Count:  5674

I have a few issues with this map, one being the massive fucking download, but that isn't related to gameplay.

Anyways, as stated in the OP, the CTs sit in armory fighting over who gets the jetpack and once someone gets it that person doesn't do anything to contribute to their team.

The team killing with boats can be avoided, but it's still an issue. People pushing the boats and pulling them back results in people falling in water which then results in their teammates' death.

As stated in this thread, the car game can be exploited by opening the door and sending the car out. I tested this for myself and it really works and is a big issue.

I think this map needs to go, I am personally not a fan of it and I know a few others aren't either.

• Content Count:  149

I have a few issues with this map, one being the massive fucking download, but that isn't related to gameplay.

Anyways, as stated in the OP, the CTs sit in armory fighting over who gets the jetpack and once someone gets it that person doesn't do anything to contribute to their team.

The team killing with boats can be avoided, but it's still an issue. People pushing the boats and pulling them back results in people falling in water which then results in their teammates' death.

As stated in this thread, the car game can be exploited by opening the door and sending the car out. I tested this for myself and it really works and is a big issue.

I think this map needs to go, I am personally not a fan of it and I know a few others aren't either.

As stated in here there are some issues with the map which is why I would like to say we should keep it and remove it. By that I mean that if we could fix some of the issues such as removing the car game, making the boat button CT only or make the water not kill you, and maybe remove the jet-pack we should keep it. But if nothing is changed then I think we should remove it.

• Content Count:  1403

I would like to update this thread from my personal experiences.

T side - Yes, it is very easy to rebel and this map is defiantly T sided of the CTs don't know how to control the server and work as a team. It is quite easy getting to the other island by using the boats behind the cells. Once the Ts are on the second island there are quite a few different ways to get a gun without the CTs knowing. I love maps with secrets so this is one of my favorites.

CT side - I usually ignore the fact that there is a jet pack because wasting your time trying to get it. Usually you have to make sure none of the Ts are using the boats behind cells, if you know they are all accounted for, send them to the second island with a CT in order to prevent them from getting the scout. There are multiple different places you can send the Ts such as basketball, pool, high dive, give them an option to opt in or opt out in the DGs, and so much more. I feel you get the point.

Basically I found people complained about this map because they were continousily giving free days which inevitably ended in the Ts winning. This is defiantly a good map and I'd be quite disappointed if this were removed.

I would highly suggest @Krest` fixing the exploits to please the members that find it ruining their experience on the map.

Edited by Four
Added multiple points and mention.

• Content Count:  5108

Truthfully this alone has been an issue for me. I know plenty of people who've been stuck downloading the map for 10-15 minutes when we tried to play PB and left half way because they weren't remotely near being done. I will admit I have yet to download the map myself.