? servers

? players online

This needs to be clarified a bit more..

• Content Count:  391

So, I was playing vipinthemix on T-side and I ended up spawning inside the VIP cell with one another person. I go into vents grab the deagle from the vending machine and come back to the VIP cell. Orders were not given btw. A CT comes through the vent and notices I have the deagle. He asks me to drop so I did and he picked it up and read my nametag on it. He ended up killing me because of the nametag. He said he didn't he didn't see me go through the VIP vent but he could assume it because of the nametag. A few people stated that you can't kill off of nametags and a few people agrued that its common sense that I went through the vent to get the deagle since it had my name on it. This situation needs some kind of clarification because it's a very grey-area. Appreciate it ahead of time.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5674

This is a bit of a loaded question so there's no easy way to go about answering it.

On one hand, I absolutely hate the principle of killing a T because of csgo's naming the gun on whomever touched it first. The fact that he at one point had it, isn't grounds to kill him. It's no different than if a T accidentally picks up a gun, but then drops it. You can't kill him for that.

On the flip side, to get that scout requires you to go to a KOS area, meaning he went somewhere he shouldn't have been. I'm more in favor of treating it situationally. For example I'm pretty sure I said awhile back that it was fine when a CT killed a T since cells weren't open and he checked the name on a deagle that spawns outside of cells meaning the t had to leave his cell to get to it

I'd suggest to just not be a hard ass and ignore the name. Honesty i wish we could set it to where the name doesn't even happen since I feel it's a bit unfair to the T.

I'll ask Wawa how he feels about making it so that the name isn't allowed to be used to kill a T.

Quoted from this thread.

@Jake

• Content Count:  2668

Personally, I think it shouldn't be allowed to go by nametags. You can't really prove that the person was there (even though csgo will name you for touching it first). It should be where you'd have to see the person actually go there to kill them.

This is a very broad comparison but since vents are KOS, if you took a vent to and from a non KOS area, you can't really prove that they were in the vent since you never saw it. Otherwise I agree with Dominic's quote.

Just my .02

• Content Count:  2001

The thing about this is the CT is basing their decision to kill someone on a situation they did not even see, which I think is a bit unfair in this context. There is no actual proof besides that name tag that puts the T in that area, and if it wasn't for the name tag they would of gotten away with it regardless. So, I'm going to say no you cannot use a name tag as any sort of proof to kill someone.

• Like 3
Edited by Jake

• Content Count:  1257

I agree with Jake, a CT should need to see a player going into or exiting the vent in order to kill them for it. I see a lot of similar things, such as a ct knowing which cell a gun is in; so when someone shoots before the cells open, even if they didn't see it happen, they just go to that cell and kill the person in it. I personally believe that any action that occurs (Other than a T killing a ct) needs to be witnessed by a ct before it can be punished.

• Content Count:  2262

The thing about this is the CT is basing their decision to kill someone on a situation they did not even see, which I think is a bit unfair in this context. There is no actual proof besides that name tag that puts the T in that area, and if it wasn't for the name tag they would of gotten away with it regardless. So, I'm going to say no you cannot use a name tag as any sort of proof to kill someone.
Does this include killing someone based on kill log but himself did not see it happened?

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.