? servers

? players online

Bring Back Points

• Content Count:  418

I know right off the bat that they supposedly caused lag but, I don't notice the difference with them off. I feel like part of the ZE server is now missing because they are gone. They really are my only motivation to play as zombie unless I have a power-up or zombie item. I could go into how a ranking system affects a player's attitude towards competitive play and what not but that'd be a wall of text. So, if there needs to be help testing points or something on the server I'd be happy to help or do whatever is needed because I'd really like to see them make a return.

Also, how much do the points affect the lag and in what way?

If there is already a post somewhere about this point me in the right direction pls.

k have nice day

• Content Count:  418

Ok, so I guess I've been making the wrong suggestion. I still would like to have the ability to check points in the server without having to do !stats and having to load the clunky motd box. It's a bit of an inconvenience but I guess I'm just a massive baby. I haven't seen my place on the stats page move at all, though. Maybe I just haven't been watching it closely enough.

Just had a great idea while writing this. Would it be possible to have it so that the player can choose to have the points display or not. Would something like that be enough of a lag reduction to have the points show again? Maybe by default they'd not show, like it is now, and if you want it to show you'd enable it to show in chat like it did before? Not sure if that's even possible but I'm trying.

k tanks 4 reeding

• Content Count:  6242

Ok, so I guess I've been making the wrong suggestion. I still would like to have the ability to check points in the server without having to do !stats and having to load the clunky motd box. It's a bit of an inconvenience

That's the only way it will work while in the game, its the in-game browser and its really not meant for something like that. About the only other suggestion there is to have http://www.steam-gamers.net/stats.php up on a browser and alt-tab to it.

Just had a great idea while writing this. Would it be possible to have it so that the player can choose to have the points display or not. Would something like that be enough of a lag reduction to have the points show again? Maybe by default they'd not show, like it is now, and if you want it to show you'd enable it to show in chat like it did before? Not sure if that's even possible but I'm trying.

k tanks 4 reeding

We really don't want to spam the chat with stat related stuff. It clogs our logs (makes the more massive than they already are) and for the most part people look at them after playing using the aforementioned: http://www.steam-gamers.net/stats.php

Reply to Thread