? servers

? players online

Would you like to see this implemented?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see this implemented?

Zombie Escape Map voting

• Content Count:  6242

I am not sure download time would really be an issue here, if the file was kept small enough, could be worth it. However, I question would it interfere with communication within the game? Like would it be heard over someone talking on the mic or would it blow out who is talking on the mic? Could be annoying at that point.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  363

I am not sure download time would really be an issue here, if the file was kept small enough, could be worth it. However, I question would it interfere with communication within the game? Like would it be heard over someone talking on the mic or would it blow out who is talking on the mic? Could be annoying at that point.

I've seen this system in two servers so far (PSE and Mapeadores). Download time shouldn't be an issue since its probably a 14 second mp3 file so it should be less than 50kb if compressed properly. TBH, I've had no issues with it blowing out anybody's mic as the AO's should be able to tone down the volume. Also, it would be pretty cool to have a starting infection countdown timer like all the other zombie modes in any FPS game.

Refer to this video for an example of a countdown timer on a ZE server.

also we should use the lovely models in the video that I got us permission to use

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2954

A countdown timer to the first infection has been added. (Without audio)

As far as sound goes, I don't think it's a bad idea and download time shouldn't be an issue, as the files are fairly small. I'll talk it over with BR and post an update.

Reply to Thread