? servers

? players online

Gmod TTT and future servers.

• Content Count:  1070

So for the past weeks i have been wanting a Gmod TTT trial run to see if it will work this time having it vanilla and mixing a few other things in with it. SG's gmod TTT was one of our most popular servers it unfortunately died and has not been tried again we have a few servers that keep popping up under SG's name minecraft is one of them i know it is separate from the servers and donations/hosted another way.

I would like to see what the community wants and what we are willing to do and spice things up abit. and move from mainly popular CS:GO servers.

I myself am ready to help bringing back Gmod TTT and spend time working on it

So i say we bring back GmodTTT for another run and go for it.

• Like 9

• Content Count:  1403

I'd love to try that out, I actually don't own CS:S or GMOD but I'd defiantly be down to get either of those games if this becomes an actual SG server.

Even if you wanted to trial run it, I'd be down to getting the games.

• Content Count:  1070

I'd love to try that out, I actually don't own CS:S or GMOD but I'd defiantly be down to get either of those games if this becomes an actual SG server.

Even if you wanted to trial run it, I'd be down to getting the games.

Gmod will require you to have some source games otherwise you will end up being spammed with huge red errors definitely recommend gmod it's always fun to play and build stuff in it.

• Content Count:  3728

I don't think we should follow the same path as we do with minecraft. We shouldn't continuously have to invest our time and effort into developing servers that aren't going to survive in the long run anyway.

We've tried reviving GMod TTT a numerous of times, but unfortunately non of these attempts have succeeded. I personally feel like Valve's updates caused most of the damage, as they broke GMod quite often. People lost interest, whereas we tried switching it up by switching it from vanilla to custom, hoping that this change would bring back interest among the players, but that wasn't the case, unfortunately.

Nonetheless, I can't deny that I absolutely loved GMod TTT and I'd do anything to go back in that time. However, I need to be realistic and I personally think that right now we should priortize our focus on the current playerbase we have now (and the one we are still building) with our current CS:GO servers. (They are in the end the reason why this community still stands, looking back at what it was like before we switched over to CS:GO).

• Content Count:  3998

In addition to what @Paralyzed said, we need to look at how it would effect our current playerbase. Even if Gmod TTT would be successful, what impact would it have on our CSGO TTT server? We've seen in the past a few times that if we (basically) have two of the same server, one of them doesn't last. For that reason alone I'd say we should stick to only creating Gmod TTT for events such as MGT (which it will likely be in the poll for again) - we have something great going with CSGO TTT and probably shouldn't do anything to interfere with that.

• Content Count:  202

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but aside from a few cosmetics I don't see anything redeeming about GMod TTT. It's clunkier, has much MUCH worse hit reg, worse performance in a lot of cases, and the gun play is laughable compared to the refined mechanics of a a dedicated shooter like CS:GO. By now we have 99% of all the popular maps ported to CS:GO and if there's a map you would like ported you can just request it. The only thing I see missing from CS:GO TTT is picking up bodies and props which really isn't a big deal.

Even if you disagree with all that, I think separating the TTT community only hurts both sides since there would be less players on both sides.

• Content Count:  6242

Even if Gmod TTT would be successful, what impact would it have on our CSGO TTT server? We've seen in the past a few times that if we (basically) have two of the same server, one of them doesn't last.

This is the biggest problem when you try a similar gamemode on a different platform, or even doing say a 2nd server of the same thing cause the 1st server is full. When you duplicate things, you end up pulling people away from one thing to move to another.

I like @Bread's idea of keeping it on the MGT poll. A ton of these gamemode ideas really will do better as a MGT.

• Content Count:  4441

Garry's Mod is currently rated #7 on the list of multiplayer games.

Normally peaks around 68,000 unique players/day.

CS:GO is rated #2 on the list of most popular multiplayer games.

Normally peaks around 620,000 unique players/day.

Statistically GMod peaks around 11% of CSGO's player base.

While I can see the argument that CS:GO is monumentally larger than Garry's Mod, it still has a massive community. As far as the similarities between our CS:GO server and GMod TTT-the 2 game modes are very different and I'd be interested to see a Garry's Mod TTT server return to SG.

I think we can pull it off if we have a lightly-modded GMod TTT server as leaving it vanilla would pretty much be a death sentence to it's player pop.

Being that my activity has all but died recently I would very likely be extremely active on this server and I'm sure some of the older GMod TTT players would come back around (not that I think we necessarily need them).

I don't see any detrimental reason why it's not worth testing the waters for a month, our CS:GO TTT server will flourish either way.

• Like 3
Edited by All Ts

Reply to Thread