? servers

? players online

Training Course

• Content Count:  501

So recently, I was hired to work as a Crew Member at BK as a part time while going to school but...

All new employees must take a set of video courses to totaling around 27 hours in length. These videos contain everything you need to know about how to do your job. i.e. (Food temperatures, the different ways you need to make 50+ orders, sterilization temps, and all this other crap which is more complex than you think.)

Anyways, these videos are so boring to watch that it's so hard to concentrate on the video its self while watching, not to mention the 30 hours of training u need to memorize. I barely remember any of it, and am almost done with the videos.

I was wondering if there's any other BK employees in SG. If so, do we get a manager to employee personal training day after the video course is done? If not then I'm so fucked :p

• Content Count:  4960

So recently, I was hired to work as a Crew Member at BK as a part time while going to school but...

All new employees must take a set of video courses to totaling around 27 hours in length. These videos contain everything you need to know about how to do your job. i.e. (Food temperatures, the different ways you need to make 50+ orders, sterilization temps, and all this other crap which is more complex than you think.)

Anyways, these videos are so boring to watch that it's so hard to concentrate on the video its self while watching, not to mention the 30 hours of training u need to memorize. I barely remember any of it, and am almost done with the videos.

I was wondering if there's any other BK employees in SG. If so, do we get a manager to employee personal training day after the video course is done? If not then I'm so fucked :p

In all good honesty (and i'm not making fun of you), I didn't know baking hamburgers was such a big deal in general.

I have friends who worked at McDonalds and such, and all they had was an hour to follow an employee and after that you were on your own.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  501

In all good honesty (and i'm not making fun of you), I didn't know baking hamburgers was such a big deal in general.

I have friends who worked at McDonalds and such, and all they had was an hour to follow an employee and after that you were on your own.

It's really not that complicated. Your literally just mopping floors, scraping walls, and placing burgers, lettuce, mayo, etc... Onto buns.

But... BK makes it complicated by making you have to take a 30 hour video training course, where they just spew random and useless shit out at you. Like we have to memorize the exact temperature to keep 20+ different cleaning sanitizers and cleaning sprays. I just need someone to show me in person how to do it, since I literally fall asleep while watching their video course.

• Content Count:  1621

Sounds like it's pretty unnecessary to me. More than likely I would just focus on what the basics would be of the job. You can always resort to watching a certain video again, but I would focus more on: how the food is cooked, what goes on it and cleaning duties that you may have to do. Might also add applying to McDonald's because it isn't as overkill with training, but if you don't, then just stick to the basics.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1403

Funkyfingers, I personally work in the fast food chain similar to BK. All "corporate" restaurants go through the same process of training course. You must complete hours upon hours of digital learning of how to wash your hands, make burgers, etc. Don't overthink it. After you are done with the training course, you will have several days that one of your co-workers will personally train you your whole shift. Teaching you all of the buttons on the register to setting customers orders. Whatever you are stressing about don't, the only thing that was hard at first was the social interaction. That goes away after the first few weeks though.

Edited by Four
added specification

• Content Count:  301

Funkyfingers, I personally work in the fast food chain similar to BK. All restaurants go through the same process of training course. You must complete hours upon hours of digital learning of how to wash your hands, make burgers, etc.

I didn't, I spent an hour looking at buttons after being shown it by a coworker for a few mins until they decided I was ready to take orders, no further training done

Might be because I don't work at a corporate owned one but rather private though

• Content Count:  3998

Haven't worked at a fast food place but I have done the dozen hours of useless training videos, and yours is probably the same where it's done to meet with corporate requirements. Very little of what I watched actually had any relevancy to the job, and there was too much information given to actually retain anything. You'll probably just be trained by another coworker and eventually pick up on everything through that.

• Content Count:  261

I think you should kind of skim through the videos and kind of review the main sections. They might give you a short quiz but I wouldn't expect the manager to give you a 100 question quiz on everything in the videos.

• Content Count:  88

Dear FunkyFingers,

I currently work full time at a BK and my Brother is a manager at a different location. Basically if you don't watch the videos you are in the kindest way to put it... fucked.

I asked my brother on your behalf and he said "In my experience if a new recruit hasn't watched the basic training videos it is very obvious but we never have to worry about it as we usually let them go before the end of their first week.".

In my experience it is the exact same way at my location. Just push through the videos and learn, if you worked hard enough to get hired you should be willing to put some effort in learning the job it self. Remember working is a privilege, not a right. Trust me skimming through the videos isn't enough to get past.

Reply to Thread