? servers

? players online

New Death Game Rules

• Content Count:  11501

I have been told by an Admin that I have to keep 5 t's out of a death game to prevent them all from dying. To give an example, on Summer Jail I immediately told all the t's to get in the four corners and an admin told me that I can't force them all in and then I went on to the new death game rules and it was not listed and I quoted to him "If it's not in here, it's not a rule.". Then various players told me to come here and ask. What are the rules regarding this situation?

http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=72000

That would be an admin enforcing a rule that doesn't exist. I can understand a little confusion if something is worded weird, but I have no idea how an admin can come to the conclusion that 5 T's must be excluded from death games. So, I say again:

If it isn't worded in the rules - it isn't a rule.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  1403

Since this thread is a hot topic, I'd like to ask a simple question.

I have been killed numerous times, now although this is cutting the rule quite close I want clarification. When a CT says "All Ts Freeze!" is no jumping implied or do they have to mention that as well similar to the crouch walking order? I have been told that jumping and looking around is allowed while that order is in play but only if they say "Freeze" and not "AFK Freeze".

• Content Count:  346

Since this thread is a hot topic, I'd like to ask a simple question.

I have been killed numerous times, now although this is cutting the rule quite close I want clarification. When a CT says "All Ts Freeze!" is no jumping implied or do they have to mention that as well similar to the crouch walking order? I have been told that jumping and looking around is allowed while that order is in play but only if they say "Freeze" and not "AFK Freeze".

AFK FREEZE: You can not move at all. No keyboard or mouse pressing. (If the order is super long just move a tiny bit so you dont get moved for afk)

FREEZE: You can look around knife, inspect, crouch etc... but you cannot move or jump.

Unless the CT specifies differently EX: All t's take one step out of your cell face the back and freeze.

• Content Count:  2001

I have been told by an Admin that I have to keep 5 t's out of a death game to prevent them all from dying. To give an example, on Summer Jail I immediately told all the t's to get in the four corners and an admin told me that I can't force them all in and then I went on to the new death game rules and it was not listed and I quoted to him "If it's not in here, it's not a rule.". Then various players told me to come here and ask. What are the rules regarding this situation?

http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=72000

If possible the game must be stopped when there are 5 or less Ts alive. You can force every T to play the game and if they so happen to all die in said game then that is fine as well. For example, A ct forces all Ts to play four corners and all the Ts pick the wrong corner and all fall to their death, that is just the way the game goes and there is nothing wrong with that.

Another example, 4 corners and there are 10 Ts playing and in the first drop 5 Ts die, then the game must stop as there are 5 Or less Ts alive.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1421

After playing JB a fair amount lately, I have to say I do not think this system is going to work out.

The biggest problem i've seen so far with it, is that the CTs can just force a Deathgame right at the beginning and automatically only have 5 or less Ts left to handle. On a full server this is a big problem, esspecially on maps where there are many deathgames, so they can do this almost every round that the CTs switch the deathgames. A very select few of our maps don't have multiple deathgames, and now that this is happening we end up always going back to these maps vote after vote. Of course there are ways to fix this, but then we risk adding rule after rule after rule pretaining to this one element in JB. We already have so many rules on JB for everyone to remember and adding this more would just be too much.

I personally liked JB a lot more before this Forced Deathgame change than I did after. I think I speak for a lot of the JB regs when i say that it's not the same or as fun as it used to be. Its almost no challenge for the CTs to contain Ts on maps that have deathgames on it now. It should be hard to play CT, it should take someone who knows how to play JB to play CT, instead of someone who just joined and read the rules, then forcing a deathgame and being over with it. I feel like there arent those awesome moments when 10 Ts are running around in armoury isn't and laughing that the CTs didnt guard the big cage teleporter or something like that. The only times JB is as fun as it used to be on maps that dont have Deathgames on it.

I think it would be better for JB if this was removed. I know this is a test but I think the test has gone on long enough to know that this isn't going to work.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  4441

After playing JB a fair amount lately, I have to say I do not think this system is going to work out.

The biggest problem i've seen so far with it, is that the CTs can just force a Deathgame right at the beginning and automatically only have 5 or less Ts left to handle. On a full server this is a big problem, esspecially on maps where there are many deathgames, so they can do this almost every round that the CTs switch the deathgames. A very select few of our maps don't have multiple deathgames, and now that this is happening we end up always going back to these maps vote after vote. Of course there are ways to fix this, but then we risk adding rule after rule after rule pretaining to this one element in JB. We already have so many rules on JB for everyone to remember and adding this more would just be too much.

I personally liked JB a lot more before this Forced Deathgame change than I did after. I think I speak for a lot of the JB regs when i say that it's not the same or as fun as it used to be. Its almost no challenge for the CTs to contain Ts on maps that have deathgames on it now. It should be hard to play CT, it should take someone who knows how to play JB to play CT, instead of someone who just joined and read the rules, then forcing a deathgame and being over with it. I feel like there arent those awesome moments when 10 Ts are running around in armoury isn't and laughing that the CTs didnt guard the big cage teleporter or something like that. The only times JB is as fun as it used to be on maps that dont have Deathgames on it.

I think it would be better for JB if this was removed. I know this is a test but I think the test has gone on long enough to know that this isn't going to work.

I couldn't have said it any better myself, I whole hardheartedly agree with this.

We need to stop this as it's gone on long enough & IMO its quite clearly not helping.

PB has been the guinea pig for almost 2 months and...

• Like 1

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.