? servers

? players online

Are variations of racist terms still racist?

• Content Count:  43

I saw one player use a variation of the N word, saying "spell icup N****", but instead of g, he used b. I thought that it was racist and that the admin on the server, @Rye, would say something or anyone else, but no one spoke up.

So is it racist? I'm not debating if it is or isn't, I just wish to know.

• Content Count:  2187

I would warn them not to do it again, because I would consider them as just trying to stir up trouble.

That's just me though.

Like, sure, they changed it up so that it wouldn't look racist, but they knew what they wanted to convey.

• Content Count:  418

From what I've seen, no. They're trying to skirt around the rules like that, but SG upholds a zero tolerance even if they change one letter. If it happens again, just tell 'em that.

• Content Count:  43

I would warn them not to do it again, because I would consider them as just trying to stir up trouble.

That's just me though.

Like, sure, they changed it up so that it wouldn't look racist, but they knew what they wanted to convey.

It was basically bordering on racist terminology. The player in question I think has left by now.

I'll keep that in mind.

• Content Count:  8754

Not technically against the rules IMO but I would definitely tell them to cut it out because at that point they're just testing the boundaries. It's like saying something along the lines of "niger is my favorite african country amirite? niger!". If it's pretty blatant I would just warn them, or if no admins are there take a screenshot and submit a complaint to see what happens.

Reply to Thread