? servers

? players online

PB Evaluation

• Content Count:  4441

I'm gonna copy and paste some of my past forum posts cause I've said everything I had to say about this on other threads and probably 1000 more times in VoIP & Steam.

I was somewhat interested to see if the new gen player-base could possibly work with the Forced DG(even though I always thought it was the equivalent handing a toddler a revolver) but I'm very sure after observing how people reacted that keeping it-even with the restrictions would lead to more unnecessary issues. I feel like many people as of recent are trying to change a system that isn't broken and it's leading to lots of impulsive changes that are hurting more than helping. I think I can speak for the majority of SG PB regulars when I say that not having warnings shots and a warden system are things we NEVER want implemented.

Prison Break as it stands right now is doing really well, the only serious issue with it in my opinion is a lack of admins which some may attribute to a "chaotic" atmosphere but I honestly see that as absolute bullshit. I've played on PB nearly everyday for the past 2 months and it is nothing unmanageable once you get used to it. The cause of the servers "chaotic" atmosphere in my opinion is largely due to incredibly inactive or nonexistent PB admins and to be honest I don't see these changes convincing many if any at all admins from playing the server. I've said this on multiple occasions recently even before this thread or changes to PB were brought up but, PB players more than often are pretty much managing and administrating the server by player complaints, calling admins, etc.. We don't have the luxury of TTT where we have 4-5 SA+ on at once.

In my opinion all the changes that Goku put in place are good but there is a few things that I didn't agree with and personally the Forced Deathgames need to be purged entirely. The only way to get them to work in my opinion would be to add restriction after restriction which eventually defeats the purpose of adding them in the first place.

Let me make this analogy.

It would be nice to allow people to drive as fast as they want but because of some stupid fuck driving 130mph into a gas station we end up with speed limits.

The point being that because of the few idiots who actually will abuse the freedom given to them, it tends to spoil it for the rest of the people. In a perfect scenario with competent, cooperative people the recent changes would have gone over gingerly but because we have to assume the worst (exploiting) the changes went IMO badly & pissed off A LOT of people.

Anyway I think I've said all I could on the topic.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  179

Dang it I'm busy friday

Anyways I really think we should appoint someone in charge of jailbreak who is very familiar with the community there, and is on the server almost daily. Two really good options would be @SL4DE or @Dominic who are always on the server.

• Like 1
Edited by SkinnyDips

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.