? servers

? players online

NEW RULES-DEATHGAMES AND LRS

• Content Count:  2589

Alrighty boys and girls, as mentioned in this thread there are some new rules being put in place. As of the posting of this thread, those rules are now in place. Just to clear again on what exactly is now in place, I'll break each one down and explain to the best of my ability. I will also update any relevant threads and plugins to reflect these rules.

No special orders or T orders:

First off is special orders:

What this means is that orders such as "All ts go to pool, Dominic you can be my pet today." Are no longer allowed. The same goes for orders like "All ts go to pool, Dominic you have a freeday/soccer day/disco day.". These orders only cause chaos and end in accidental freekills and overall do nothing but tarnish the quality of the game.

To clarify, this does not mean that you can't send a T to medic to heal or if the order is for them to be in big cage, that you can't have one T step out. This rule change specifically refers to special treatment orders such as "pets" or special freedays for one person.

In regards to sending one T to ISO, my stance is still the same about this one. If there is one T constantly causing issues with rebelling, and you want to send him to ISO one round or for a short time period, then by all means go ahead. But the "no repeating" and/or "reasonable" orders rule still applies. Meaning you can't send one person to ISO over and over and over and over again. ISO is there to help you control the Ts, but it can not be used excessively.

In regards to T orders:

Before CTs could tell a T to not give T orders, and admins could mute a T if they got out of hand with it. The only thing that this rule does now is put it in writing that CTs can tell Ts to stop giving orders and can warning shot them. It also gives admins something to easily point to.

CT Bullet Markers:

@Liam Brown hooked us up and now whenever a CT types !marker into chat (or binds a key to sm_marker) a white circle with an arrow above it will appear wherever the CT is aiming. There can only be a maximum of 2 markers at one time, and a marker will last for 30 seconds.

Forced Deathgames:

CTs can now force the Ts to participate in deathgames. This is a big rule change as until now we have never allowed forced deathgames. The primary purpose of this change is to speed up the rounds and avoid the usual "go here, and spend 4 minutes doing nothing". As a friendly reminder, just because you CAN force deathgames, doesn't meant you HAVE to. The rules about forced deathgames are as follows:

• CTs CAN NOT force the same death game. The "no repeating orders" rule still applies.
  • CTs can only force deathgames with 2:30 or less left in the round.
  • CTs can only force map-made deathgames. Map-made deathgames are defined as games that are built into the map, and harm/kill the T on its own (such as jump rope or death cube).
  • First Reaction, Last Reaction and Simon Says are the only exceptions to this rule. Those CAN still be forced.

Forced Last Request:

CTs can now force Ts to choose a LR in order to speed up the round and overall better the experience for everyone else. CTs CAN NOT force LRs until there are 2 Ts left alive.. CTs also need to give Ts an ample amount of time to pick their LR.

Ts are still allowed to choose their own LR and all previous LR rules still apply. If a T absolutetly refuses to choose an LR, CTs are now allowed to kill them for not following orders.

Slot Increase:

Of all changes, this one is the one most likely to potentially be reversed sooner rather than later. I will still give it ample time before making any decision to undo, but for now the amount of JB slots has been increased from 24 to 28. This change does not have any affect on subscriber or admin's ability to join a full server with their slot reservation.

While there isn't a required ratio when the server is full, try to aim for around 10 CTs to 18 Ts. If 9 CTs and 19 Ts is working better, then stick with that. Admins, just use your best judgement as you previously would.

I request that everyone gives these changes a little bit of a time before making any strong opinions on how they've affected the server. There is a second thread here where you can post your feedback and suggestions on how to improve these changes.

I truly hope these changes overall increases the enjoyment of the server for everyone and that we can work together to mold these rules where needed to create the best environment possible.

• Like 9
Edited by Goku

• Content Count:  2589

Bumping to explain the new rule change. Highlighted the new parts.

• CTs CAN NOT force the same death game. The "no repeating orders" rule still applies.
  • CTs can only force deathgames with 2:30 or less left in the round.
  • CTs can only force map-made deathgames. Map-made deathgames are defined as games that are built into the map, and harm/kill the T on its own (such as jump rope or death cube).
  • First Reaction, Last Reaction and Simon Says are the only exceptions to this rule. Those CAN still be forced.

So essentially the new addition is setting what/when games can or can't be played. This change sets it where there has to be 2:30 or less left in the round, which gives the Ts ample time to do other things or try to rebel before deathgames can be forced.

The map-made deathgames rule effectively stops any bullshit games like "pick a number 1-10" or having the Ts jump from diving board and trying to shoot them in the air. I decided to add FRLR and Simon Says to the list of exceptions given their popularity, overall ease of use and that it still gives CTs some options on maps such as Razor.

LR rules are still the same and CTs can still play games that don't fit these requirements, as long as they are optional and aren't forced.

I think these changes will address and fix most complaints I've seen the past 24 hours since we added this rule. I ask again that you give it some time to see how it plays out and keep an open mind to it. Thanks for bearing with me as I make this changes and I hope that in the long run this has a good lasting impact on the server.

• Like 4

Reply to Thread