? servers

? players online

Changes coming to Jail Break

• Content Count:  2589

Lets just preface this with

NOTHING HAS OFFICIALLY CHANGED YET, EVERYTHING IS STILL THE SAME

Now that we have that out of the way, we've been discussing some potential changes to the JB server, and I'd like to bring some of these topics to the public before anything is officially implemented. Keep in mind that these changes will for the most part have a big impact on how the game is played on our server. These changes are mostly finalized, I just want to get some public feedback and suggestions prior to making any of these official.

So again, these are not official yet so for the time being continue playing the server like normal.

JB Server Revamp Proposal 1.1

• Removal of special orders (meaning no more "All Ts go to pool, Dominic go to soccer" or "All Ts go to pool, Dominic you can be my pet")
  • Removal of T orders. CTs may issue a warning shot to a T for trying to issue an order, and admins may also warn and mute any T that continually does it.
  • Increase T start of round mute time to 45 seconds (Already in effect)
  • Introduction of CT bullet markers.
  • Introduction of forced LRs and deathgames. CTs can now force Ts to choose a LR as well as force Ts to participate in deathgames.
  • Temporary introduction of 4 player slots. Set the new ideal ratio from 9/15, to 10/18.

Now to kind of break down every bullet point and explain why its happening.

1) Special Orders--- My initial stance on this was that I'm fine with it, as long as it isn't done excessively. However, given the amount of chaos that this causes, I have found it best to remove this completely. And to be clear, if you want to send one or two Ts to ISO that is allowed. Reason for that, is that sending someone to ISO is usually used as means of punishment and ways to handle some troublemaking Ts. That doesn't mean you can just send someone to ISO at the start of the round every time, but I'm not going to flat out tell you "No, you can not send just one person to ISO." This change in the rule is mostly in regards to these CTs that let their friends be their butt buddies and it only causes mayhem.

2) T orders--- Again, my initial stance on this was that I was fine with it, and that CTs could tell Ts not to do it and warning shot for it, and that if they kept doing it an admin could force them to stop. All this rule change is doing now, is officially making it where CTs can warning shot a T for trying to do it, and admins just have the official rule to point to now.

3) Start of round mute--- Already in place. Was done to try to give CTs a little more time to get the round going.

4) CT bullet markers--- This was brought up by Dominic and Liam Brown is going to work on implementing it. Not sure when exactly he'll have it ready, but I told him there's no hurry since it isn't that big of a deal. But essentially when we get this added, it is just going to make it easier for Ts to see where a CT is shooting when he says shit like "go to my bullets".

5) Deathgames and LRs--- Alright, so this is the biggest one here. Up until the time that this rule goes live, we have never allowed CTs to force Ts to partake in deathgames or LRs. This has just been something pretty unique to our server, and honestly wasn't that big of a deal for the longest. However, due to the recent(ish) change in JB maps being made, as well as how our server has been running for the past year almost, we're going to be allowing CTs to force Ts to play deathgames and take a LR. Now, I mention maps being made. In case you haven't noticed, we've added some pretty cool maps featuring these really cool and elaborate deathgames....that never get touched. Like seriously, take Dojo for example. That grey building with the car and chicken games? Never touched. Then there's moonjail that has all these great deathgames, but they aren't played. I think that from now on we're going to keep seeing these great maps with cool games being added, and that combined with the trend on our server is a big factor in why I'm going to be changing our stance on forced deathgames.

Its like this, 90% of the rounds on JB now are "One step out, face the back and afk freeze.....crouch walk to big cage be on boxes(or soccer or pool or disco)." 4 minutes pass, and we repeat. By allowing deathgames to be forced, we are now opening up a good 70% of the map that we never touched before. It's going to allow CTs more freedom to actually do things. Now, a concern already voiced is that its going to be CTs doing nothing but deathgames. While I do expect to potentially see a lot of rounds of nothing but deathgames, I think it will naturally level itself out as people adapt, and as we play different maps. For example, on razor I don't see there being as much forced deathgames as say a map like moonjail. And the "no repeating" orders thing will still apply, but only to doing the same deathgame. There's so many maps with various deathgames now that I believe we'll see a nice variety of freeday, soccer days and different deathgames.

Now, one thing that I am not going to allow with deathgames and LRs, is forcing Ts to play these bullshit games like what's for dinner. I'm going to tinker with the exact wording, but essentially I am not going to allow Ts to be forced to play games where the CT literally just picks and chooses who lives and dies. If Ts actually want to play those games, then sure. But CTs are not going to be allowed to force Ts to play them.

If you have any questions/concerns/suggestions about this, don't hesitate to state them and I'll reply to them best I can.

6) More player slots--- Alongside these changes, I'm also going to experiment with adding 4 more player slots, which would take the server officialy from being 24, to 28. With this, I'd like to state that to me the ideal ratio (meaning if the server is full, this ratio is preferable) is 10 CTs to 18 Ts. At least in theory I would think that to be best, but in practice it might actually be 9-19. We'll just have to wait and see. These player slots are not permanent, and if it turns out to be too big of a hassle, we can go back to 24. If it works, then later we can look into going to 32. But that's down the line.

And again, NONE OF THESE CHANGES ARE OFFICIAL YET. When they are official, I'll make that very clear. For now, I just want to get public feedback and suggestions. So, feel free to make your opinion on these potential changes heard, I'm all ears.

• Like 23

• Content Count:  605

Wowzers, these are some neat ideas. You are one coooool cat for doing all this for us PB fellas. I do have one suggestion for PB though, can we just nuke it and ban everyone who plays on it? Then it'd be perfect! Thanks bud.

• Like 1

To touch down a little more on the deathgame thing, let me quote some pieces I said in our CA thread:

I'll put it this way, the big issue as I've said, with JB isn't necessarily the Ts being "coddled". The issue is that the CTs only ever do the same two or three orders and are so hardass about it that it ruins the gamemode. What you end up seeing every round is the Ts either being told to crouchwalk to pool, or soccer, or disco, or big cage and be on the boxes. Then if there's a gun in any of those places, a CT runs and takes it before a T can get there. If its pool, be in the water. Soccer, be in a goal. Disco, be on the dance floor. If you're even a few steps off from any of those, you start getting shot. JB is less enjoying to me personally than it used to be, because CTs are already too restrictive with their orders, and somehow still fuck it up. I mean hell, half the time the order can be "one step out face the back and freeze" and these idiots still end up dying.

IMO, removing special orders, removing T orders and introducing forced LRs and deathgames is a step in combating that issue. With allowing forced deathgames, we now open up 70% of maps that were not touched before. I mean hell, look at dojo. Big ass map, but there's entire sections that are never used. Like the grey building with the chicken and car game in it, no one ever goes in there since they're deathgames. I've literally rejected maps before because they had all these great deathgames, but no where for CTs to actually order the Ts that wouldn't kill them. Opening up the options for CTs to force deathgames now completely changes orders from the same 2 or 3 places, to allowing more things to happen.

in regards to only allowing deathgames in the final 2 minutes My current thought process with deathgames is that by allowing CTs to openly force them, you're now avoiding the usual "go to soccer for 4 mins". My main thing right now with allowing deathgames is we're now opening up a wide variety of maps and their features. Take moonjail and dojo. Both huge maps, but the majority of map isn't touched. A downside to only forcing them in those 2 minutes is that it takes time to get to some of the games and set it up so while in theory forcing DGs then would speed things up, I can also see it taking the whole 2 mins to even get to the DG and get everything going and the round ends before the game is up.

And lastly:

Think when DGs are first introduced that yeah, we'll see a lot of DG rounds and freedays more than the typical days we see now. Think it'll eventually balance itself out though as people adapt to the change. The no repeating thing would apply to doing the same DG. But with all these maps with countless fancy DGs, I don't think it'll be that big of an issue since the orders will have a nice variety.

Edit: This change is going to change the way things will work for the most part. I'm still expecting to see some occasional "go to soccer" or freeday, but my thought here is that I'll be mixed with some deathgames here and there. At first there will be a lot of DGs every day, but it'll balance out over time I believe.

Just to give you guys some more food for thought.

• Content Count:  290

My thought on the 2 biggest topics

-Special orders removal is a somewhat large on jb since most special orders could be like "oh Evol go to medic" or if you dont mean it in the context well im sorry but special orders could be fun in jb. Even though thats not much of a reason its somewhat speaks for it self.

-Making forced death games a thing could mess up the way ct is played, the way t is played and could make the entire idea of our jb server just like the others, you might as well just make warning shots a thing of the pass if we add this

• Content Count:  5375

-Special orders removal is a somewhat large on jb since most special orders could be like "oh Evol go to medic" or if you dont mean it in the context well im sorry but special orders could be fun in jb. Even though thats not much of a reason its somewhat speaks for it self.

-Making forced death games a thing could mess up the way ct is played, the way t is played and could make the entire idea of our jb server just like the others, you might as well just make warning shots a thing of the pass if we add this

Not seeing how this is a bad thing considering the way it's played now is cancer.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  261

Honestly, I feel like these changes would make the Jail Break community pretty upset considering they haven't really experienced these types of rules unless they play on different JB servers with these rules. However, coming from an avid Jail break player, I see these new changes as a massive step forward from what Jail Break is right now. Currently I see the Steam-Gamers JB server as being one of the most unique servers on CS:GO and with these new changes I feel like it will remain one of the most unique. Since these are huge changes to the community, people will need sometime to decide if they want these changes to the server or not. I suggest that we try it out for a bit, create a poll to see if the new rules or to the communities liking, and then make a decision that will lead to massive amount of drinking and headaches.

Anyway I support the changes that were listed and I look forward to see what happens. :)

• Like 1

Special orders are the ones where a CT let's his buddy do his own thing. Telling someone to go to medic is fine. But you can't tell all the Ts to go to pool, then let your friend to fart around in disco. It only causes confusion and leads to accidental freekills.

As stated, the allowance of DGs is a big change. But in the end it'll have a more positive than negative impact. Least in theory. Rather than forcing the Ts to stand on big cage boxes for 4 mins, were now actually doing things. Before Ts would stand in one area, one or two might sneak off to rebel, and the CTs get tunnel vision watching the Ts stand on boxes and get killed by the rebels. Now, the Ts will actually be able to do games and make the rounds more interesting. Plus some DGs actually give the Ts a chance to rebel via teleporters or guns.

Essentially the main thing is we're going from "stand in one place for 4 mins" to actually playing a game. This change potentially helps combat the issue of CTs being super restrictive to the point that the game mode was killed. Gives the CTs more options on what to do, and allows us to actually use maps to their full potential.

• Content Count:  160

Now, one thing that I am not going to allow with deathgames and LRs, is forcing Ts to play these bullshit games like what's for dinner. I'm going to tinker with the exact wording, but essentially I am not going to allow Ts to be forced to play games where the CT literally just picks and chooses who lives and dies. If Ts actually want to play those games, then sure. But CTs are not going to be allowed to force Ts to play them.

so does this include all ct facilitated games like Simon says ? or first reaction- last reaction for example. the deaths are contingent upon t failure

Edited by fib

Reply to Thread