Increase slots on JB?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Increase slots on JB?

• Yes, a few more slots
    • Yes, 5+ more slots
    • Leave it where it is

Slot increase

• Content Count:  703

From an admin standpoint I don't see the need to increase the slots on JB. Sometimes I'm on the server admining by myself and having more people to handle on that server would just make my head explode. I say that because pretty much every death on T side is a freekill according to the players.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1193

I don't think it would hurt to increase to 26 or 28, but more would be too much imo... The one and only issue I would have with the slots increasing is the same issue as @sean brought up. JB is pretty chaotic when there are a lot of people online, and sometimes admins aren't able to be there at the very moment... Therefor leading to angry kids yelling through their mic that they were freekilled and continually asking for an admin over one incident. My point is, if it is going to be increased, it shouldn't be any more than 3 or 4 if that many. I think 26 or 27 would be perfect.

EDIT: Tagged the wrong person, not sure what was going through my mind D:

Edited by Cam

• Content Count:  3462

Personally I'll never vouch for a size increase because whenever there's the max of 24 people on, it's always going to be absolute chaos on the server in terms of mics being used and kids talking over others when you really can't tell what's going on. This makes it a bit hellish for CTs when making orders and for admins when it comes to trying to get rule breakers. If it does get increased it probably shouldn't be more than 2-4 imo.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  2262

Personally I'll never vouch for a size increase because whenever there's the max of 24 people on, it's always going to be absolute chaos on the server in terms of mics being used and kids talking over others when you really can't tell what's going on. This makes it a bit hellish for CTs when making orders and for admins when it comes to trying to get rule breakers. If it does get increased it probably shouldn't be more than 2-4 imo.

what onion said, it doesn't help when CTs keep giving freeday related orders and sit at soccer or catwalk. There are cases that 3 CT have to deal with 17 Ts

• Content Count:  2844

I would not go increasing the slots from our 24 slots. We have had the 24 slots for as long as I can remember and it has been working flawlessly. It can be chaotic, but still manageable. The 24 slots also offers us the 9:15 CT to T ratio, which I find is the perfect for most of the jb maps. Another thing is that we have hosted jb events where we increased the slots to 28 or 30. The problem with it was, that there were limited spawn points on some maps, so some people couldn't join a team and had to join spectators. Also it was very chaotic and we agreed that 24 slots was better.

• Content Count:  1421

JB already is chaos with 24 people. We do not need more slots. It will not be fun unless you are a part of the chaos and as an admin I can't participate in that sort of stuff as i am supposed to be stopping it. It will also increase the amount of rule breakers that go unoticed with little freekills here and there or someone says the N word on mic because so many people are talking at once. So no, it's too much and should not be increased.

• Content Count:  1154

I think we're fine with our 24 slots.. As others have stated, it's chaotic already as it is. We literally have everyone talking over each other, people screaming and almost all of the t's screaming free kill. And on top of that, people start to bash on admins for not seeing everything. Sometimes, it does get difficult to admin PB alone, so I feel like if we add more slots, it's only going to get harder.

Edited by smiley :]

• Content Count:  2238

what onion said, it doesn't help when CTs keep giving freeday related orders and sit at soccer or catwalk. There are cases that 3 CT have to deal with 17 Ts

I would not go increasing the slots from our 24 slots. We have had the 24 slots for as long as I can remember and it has been working flawlessly. It can be chaotic, but still manageable. The 24 slots also offers us the 9:15 CT to T ratio, which I find is the perfect for most of the jb maps. Another thing is that we have hosted jb events where we increased the slots to 28 or 30. The problem with it was, that there were limited spawn points on some maps, so some people couldn't join a team and had to join spectators. Also it was very chaotic and we agreed that 24 slots was better.

JB already is chaos with 24 people. We do not need more slots. It will not be fun unless you are a part of the chaos and as an admin I can't participate in that sort of stuff as i am supposed to be stopping it. It will also increase the amount of rule breakers that go unoticed with little freekills here and there or someone says the N word on mic because so many people are talking at once. So no, it's too much and should not be increased.

I think we're fine with our 24 slots.. As others have stated, it's chaotic already as it is. We literally have everyone talking over each other, people screaming and almost all of the t's screaming free kill. And on top of that, people start to bash on admins for not seeing everything. Sometimes, it does get difficult to admin PB alone, so I feel like if we add more slots, it's only going to get harder.

These guys all hit it 100%. No slot increase is the best slot increase.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.