? servers

? players online

SG Map Contest

• Content Count:  8

We should sponsor a Map Contest for all SG members, winner get "X" amount of whatever, (games, skins, etc)

This would influence our community to try to get into map making, and with the created maps we can spread influence of our servers and community by showing off community made maps.

We could form a comity of nonbiased judges (preferably people whom play certain gamemodes a lot) (example, Rye for TTT, "name" for jailbreak, "name" for ZE, etc.) and then select a map from each group of gamemodes, then have a vote requiring each gamemod judge to vote for a different gamemode map, (example, if rye was for TTT in the last vote, he could not vote for the TTT gamemod map.

I'm not sure if we already have done something similar, but this really could get our community to start interacting together more, if I have to pay for something as prize I will without a second thought, just let me know what yall think.

Alright EDITED: ***** I believe leaving the power in the judges hands alone, may not influence the community enough, rather than that, the first round of voting should be done by the community, then after we have 1 map per gamemode, we could send those to the judges

• Content Count:  6759

We already had a discussion about this in one of our older CA meetings and @XeNo is interested in making a TTT mapping contest. I think the idea was to do a Christmas TTT mapping contest but he has to confirm and announce what is going to happen.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  202

We already had a discussion about this in one of our older CA meetings and @XeNo is interested in making a TTT mapping contest. I think the idea was to do a Christmas TTT mapping contest but he has to confirm and announce what is going to happen.

In case the higher ups are actually thinking of doing a Christmas TTT mapping contest (which I think is awesome and would love to see some mapping contests), mapping contests should probably be announced at least a month in advanced otherwise we'll just see a bunch of rushed and probably poorly constructed maps that wouldn't do well in the map pool. A good map takes time.

• Content Count:  6759

In case the higher ups are actually thinking of doing a Christmas TTT mapping contest (which I think is awesome and would love to see some mapping contests), mapping contests should probably be announced at least a month in advanced otherwise we'll just see a bunch of rushed and probably poorly constructed maps that wouldn't do well in the map pool. A good map takes time.

Yes, we're aware of that. I just can't give you guys a definite answer when it's not up to me to decide :p

• Content Count:  3401

I was going to suggest this but found this thread, why don't we do this again - make the categories TTT, ZE, PB and MG.

In the past we've given $150 for first prize, 100$ for second prize etc...

and we got ze_random, a really great ZE map out of it!

http://gamebanana.com/threads/182033

Edited by frosty

• Content Count:  98

We should sponsor a Map Contest for all SG members, winner get "X" amount of whatever, (games, skins, etc)

This would influence our community to try to get into map making, and with the created maps we can spread influence of our servers and community by showing off community made maps.

Sure it´s a great idea and I would love to participate...but it barely makes any sense in the current situation. For the last few years SG rarely did anything to promote, support or expand their mapping community. The result of this mistake is a extremly small ammount of mappers within SG and a pretty much dead mapping community etc...

For a Map Contest to work, SG finally needs to start to promote, support and reward their mappers. That way existing mappers gonna improve their skills and a lot of players gonna try mapping out... which will result in lots of new + great maps.

We already had a similar discussion a while ago, which unfortunately ended up in a "Mapper Rank Yes/No" discussion. Most Higher ups completely missed the point back then, since the suggestion was meant to improve mapping within SG overall.

That would be awesome

We just need to really get the community involved in this and advertise throughout our base.

Your idea isn´t really thought through. With good advertising, a few guys will probably give it a shot and try mapping out. But for a mapper contest you already need to know how to properly create and release a map. There is no time for learning those basics, when you want to participate in a mapping contest.

Overall I still hope, that something like a ttt contest is going to happen very soon.:rolleyes:

• Like 3

Reply to Thread