? servers

? players online

Monthly Prop Hunt

• Content Count:  1061

Hey I think it would be really cool if we had some sort of regular prop-hunt get together!

Once a month, or even less would be cool too. I just know people REALLY enjoyed the prop-hunt we had in October. So many people kept asking me (and others) if we make a whole server for just prop-hunt, but obviously that didn't work out for obvious reasons. BUT, that doesn't mean we couldnt make this a somewhat regular thing! I know if it was advertised at all, tons of people would come and it would be very exciting! I know @Wawa put on the last one, so maybe it can be done if you're up for the challenge of making this event monthly, or whomever is down.

And seriously, you don't even have to ask if people would come; the enthusiasm is there!!!

• Content Count:  2730

Prop-hunt was so fun. We for sure need make a more regular thing. Only thing wrong I see with this is what server would run this. The events server? There are already so many things that run on that server that finding a good time each month maybe hard. Maybe it won't be hard to find time, but it was just a thought.

• Content Count:  2589

Personally not sure how I feel about monthly. We already have the MGT and a major appeal of prop hunt when we do it is the fact it's not common. Think if we do it once a month, on top of the MGT, people would get worn out on it. Could maybe see every 3 months do prop hunt but definitely don't see once a month being a good thing. Other AOs might think other wise but that's just my personal thought at this time.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1061

I hope some AO will still want to do it at all. With wawa taking a step back, I just hope this super fun event still lives on. Even if it's not monthly like I originally suggested. Just having a prop hunt event at all has been one of the highlights of my time here at steam-gamers. And I know a lot of other people feel the same. At this point, I'm hoping this doesn't get forgotten about.

• Content Count:  2589

I hope some AO will still want to do it at all. With wawa taking a step back, I just hope this super fun event still lives on. Even if it's not monthly like I originally suggested. Just having a prop hunt event at all has been one of the highlights of my time here at steam-gamers. And I know a lot of other people feel the same. At this point, I'm hoping this doesn't get forgotten about.

@Vick

im sure one of us will do it periodically like wawa did. Community clearly enjoys it so we'll do it again sometime.

• Content Count:  6759

I forgot to post but I completely agree with Goku. It would somewhat defeat the purpose of our MGT server. We already have MGTs each month and then you should take into account of other events that can take place in any weekend when they're created. From minigames to zombie escape, we also have these events during the weekend to build up interest. Other important events come once in a blue moon and take up a weekend slot such as Spiked's gaming marathon or something like Paralyzed hosted for jackbox party. We may not always have an event lined up every weekend but I rather give other types of gaming events a chance to get a weekend slot in whenever people want to host an event.

Second, the only reason why you guys like prop hunt so much is because Wawa gave such a huge window to keep you guys begging for it more. This is how interest is always regained and doesn't make the game mode feel bland. The longer the wait then the more you want it. He's hosted it in between decent gaps of months and it's why the game feels fresh whenever you play it.

Lastly, making prop hunt it's own monthly get together seems a bit unfair. I agree it's a great game mode but then people will request another specific game mode to be monthly and then we're not giving much balance in what's being played each month. While prop hunt is a nice get-together, I believe that people will eventually lose interest in a few months of playtime if we host it every month. I don't mean to be rude but the turnout for the last event was a bit weaker than the first two, which felt like the server was thriving and packed for hours. It just leads me to believe maybe a possibility that people slowly got a bit bored of playing and eventually left earlier compared to when it was first introduced by Wawa.

• Like 1
Edited by Black Rain
Fixed my dumb SwiftKey keyboard mistakes

• Content Count:  3740

Not to mention that having the previous PropHunt span across an entire weekend versus a small time slot like the previous 2 events was also a preview of what it would be like if SG did create a server dedicated just to PropHunt. Unfortunately, gameplay is pretty boring with only 1-10 people and doesn't get really fun until there's about 16+ people playing. That's just the nature of a 'hide-and-seek' mod--it's a very social game so it's way more fun playing with your friends versus randoms, just like playing hide-and-seek/man hunt with your friends in a neighborhood as a kid.

It's best kept to have a PropHunt event once every few months in a small time slot imo.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread