? servers

? players online

Would you want a dedicated Prop Hunt Server?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a dedicated Prop Hunt Server?

• Yes
    • No

Dedicated Prop Hunt Server

• Content Count:  202

From the looks of it, the Prop Hunt event has been doing really well. It's easily become one of the popular servers next to TTT and Jailbreak. Personally I've always loved Prop Hunt from Gmod and TF2, and when I first joined SG that was the one server I thought was missing.

It's not a coincidence that older game modes like TTT and Zombie Escape perform so well; they have stood the test of time as fun, enjoyable games that the source community has enjoyed for years. So I ask you, why not give a dedicated Prop Hunt server a shot?

I've been told that this has been done before and it typically dies after events such as the one going on now, but with the popularity of CS:GO and with Gmod getting more and more dated, people are switching to CS:GO and are always looking for a fun break from defuse maps. If we can just put some time into getting some more and different maps I think the server can do well once it's added to the forum's server list.

Even if a decicated Prop Hunt server doesn't have the legs to stand with Jailbreak or Zombie Escape, I am more then confident that it would be way more popular and useful then lets say the Rust server which I've seen MAYBE 2 or 3 people on at most. If the issue with having a dedicated Prop Hunt server is population, then I don't understand why we have a Rust server at all (sorry to the 2 people that play on it).

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4441

I strongly believe it's just a fad and will not get that populated enough. Maybe it's worth a try if we can find a few more maps that are actually good for this type of shit as the gamemode itself is actually really good.

I strongly believe it's just a fad and will not get that populated enough. Maybe it's worth a try if we can find a few more maps that are actually good for this type of shit as the gamemode itself is actually really good.

How is it a fad though if Prop Hunt has been a popular game mode for years from Gmod and TF2? I could understand if it was a new game mode but Prop Hunt has been around for a long time and it's always been popular.

And, i'll say again... if population is the issue, why do we have a Rust server?

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5674

Literally just had a thread made here. As I've said before, every event we have like this there is going to be someone saying they want a permanent server.

It's only popular right now because we have it up for three days and people are hanging out with each other on it while they can. Any longer than a week and it will barely be played at all.

Some of our servers aren't very populated, but we shouldn't just add on to the list.

Literally just had a thread made here. As I've said before, every event we have like this there is going to be someone saying they want a permanent server.

It's only popular right now because we have it up for three days and people are hanging out with each other on it while they can. Any longer than a week and it will barely be played at all.

Sorry about the repetitive post, didn't see the other one.

I understand that this might be a temporary influx of players, but please pose a counter argument to the fact that

1. Prop Hunt is a PROVEN game mode with years of success.

2. If the issue is we don't want dead servers, why do we have a Rust server? I really think we could replace that with Prop Hunt.

I'm not just saying we should have a Prop Hunt server because the event is fun, I'm saying that Prop Hunt has always been a popular game mode that we know people have enjoyed for years.

• Content Count:  1468

It's just a server that will be like "oh yay this is very fun haha" then after a week will be "prophunt so boring fuck going on it." It'll lose population and noone will go on it except with groups of friends at a time, so it'd be a waste of money to have it an actual server.

• Content Count:  6242

You also cannot compare it to the Rust server as we have a special arrangement in place where it doesn't compete with our other servers when it comes to resources.

At this point we have no plan to expand into other CS:GO servers.

It's just a server that will be like "oh yay this is very fun haha" then after a week will be "prophunt so boring fuck going on it." It'll lose population and noone will go on it except with groups of friends at a time, so it'd be a waste of money to have it an actual server.

I hate to keep harping on this point but then why do we have a Rust server? Hell, you could even say the same thing about the 1v1 server; no one goes on except with groups of friends at a time.

You also cannot compare it to the Rust server as we have a special arrangement in place where it doesn't compete with our other servers when it comes to resources.

At this point we have no plan to expand into other CS:GO servers.

Fair enough, that's an answer I haven't heard yet.

• Content Count:  4441

There is a difference between having a few servers that aren't cash cows with high player pop vs. having too many small servers that make your community slightly more enriched with oddball shit to do. I personally think that's all prophunt would be, I don't think it holds a candle to servers like PB, ZE & TTT. Servers like Scrim and 1v1 cost way less to run than a lets say 24-32 slot Prophunt server. Prophunt servers in general never actually did as well as you claim either. A lot of big YouTubers hyped it up really hard and it gave the game mode a pretty large boost. Eventually the benefits of having oddball servers get drowned out by the costs of them. For me personally PropHunt is just one of those time fillers that I can have fun with friends then go "meh that was fun".

• Content Count:  6759

I'm just gonna throw this out here for you guys to think about this:

1. Very few prop hunt servers exist globally (I believe 7 exist)

2. all the NA ones that do exist are rarely populated - they all struggle in having a solid player base in 30-day marks

3. the ONLY heavily populated one thats ranked in top 100 is a German server

4. Lastly, our own prop hunt event server isn't always populated. The current event we actually had people going into cb or our higher ups would post announcements to get players to join. If you pay close attention to the server, you'll notice the server isn't always fully populated throughout the day

Reply to Thread