? servers

? players online

Jihad

• Content Count:  2238

I highly doubt that this even needed a thread, but whatever.

No, you should not get killed for it. Only if the sound is emitted from you. THEN you can get killed.

This. Although some CTs have been known to leave you be if it doesn't work (they hear that too don't they?), kinda case to case basis?

• Content Count:  2187

This. Although some CTs have been known to leave you be if it doesn't work (they hear that too don't they?), kinda case to case basis?

If you purposely rushed them and it fails, It's intent to kill, which is KOSable. However, a CT can let them live if they choose to do so, but I would say that would be a sort of pardon and other CTs don't need to abide to that.

I don't think it should be a sort of case-by-case scenario, but that's just me.

• Content Count:  2589

Situational. If you're going to type !explode while you're near a CT or type it and rush, I'm not really going to fault him for panicking and shooting you. If you're no where near a CT and you do it, then no you shouldn't be killed.

The real question is why the hell would you just randomly decide to type !explode? You know what that command does and what it's likely going to make a CT do. Better thing is to just not do it since there's really no reason.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  742

There is literally an identical thread to this somewhere with the exact same answer.

Case-by-case is more of whether the CT decides to pardon you or not xd

If you purposely rushed them and it fails, It's intent to kill, which is KOSable. However, a CT can let them live if they choose to do so, but I would say that would be a sort of pardon and other CTs don't need to abide to that.

I don't think it should be a sort of case-by-case scenario, but that's just me.

Correct and correct, according to the last thread.

EDIT: Goku goddamnit stop posting right before me

What he said

:lock1:

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2589

Dominic voiced a concern with people "abusing" what I said in this thread. Again, it is a situational thing. If you decide to type !explode then charge a CT, or are in the immediate area of a CT to where he's going to die from the explosion, you're now essentially trying to bait that CT. There is no reason to ever type !explode unless you are planning on dying.

As for "some people touch their binds by accident". My advice would be to make a better bind. For example you can bind a key to sm_jihad_detonate and it will trigger the bomb without typing it in chat.

And again, this isn't an issue if you don't type !explode without actually meaning to use the thing. Which is stupid to do anyway...

Reply to Thread