ttt_gunkanjima removal

• Content Count:  6465

Map Removal

Full map name

ttt_gunkanjima

Type of map

TTT

Why should we remove it

This map is way too glitchy looking. Random textures you can walk through, fog is a stupid aspect to put into any TTT map, and it's massive with tons of just really small rooms/corridors make it so Traitors should literally never lose.

I'm aware it was added yesterday, but I'm making a post to remove it already because I can tell you right now it's aesthetically pleasing to look at, but shit-tier to play on.

• Content Count:  2589

Literally just added this map >.> Played through it on the server and people generally seemed to like it. I'm laying in bed procrastinating going to sleep but I'll remove it from the cycle in a few hours when I get up and test it a few more times and see if Leon can fix any issues. Didn't notice any issues when playing through it and no one mentioned any issues that wavy mentioned in the fix request.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2589

Disabled the map from the rotation for now. I personally hadn't noticed any issues with textures and didn't have much of an issue with the rooms setup. Then again I was working on (and still am working on now) like 8 hours of sleep the past 3 days >.>

Will talk to Pickle and let him make the final call on if he wants to add it and see if there's anything Leon might be able to do to fix any issues people have mentioned.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5055

In terms of going through random textures I can just add some player clips (like I just found out you can go through some of the trees like lolwot).

For the fog (I'm assuming you're talking about when the weather turns rainy and dark), I can either set the timer so it happens later like 4 minutes instead of 3 minutes, add a bit more lighting to some areas since it can get a bit dark, or worse just remove the fog entirely (though I don't want to resort to that because it's a vital feature of the map).

• Content Count:  6465

Pretty sure we had a map that had fog in it back in gmod, so I don't believe it's a huge issue. Don't remember the name of course lol. At the same time I don't know how foggy this map is for I haven't played it so I can't give an opinion on that.

Pretty sure it was the map that had the train you could start and "escape" on to win the round as innocents.

However, the fog in this map is so bad that in some rooms you can't see to the other side of the room (and the rooms are small to begin with). Legit killed a traitor because he didn't realize I was in the same room as him because of the fog. Also the hallways are literally one person across, if you want to be a traitor on this map all you have to do is just follow someone till they go into one of the many super skinny hallways and mow them down, the map is too big for anyone to really tell where you are exactly even if they hear the shots, there's no KOS-able names to call any of the rooms which makes it even easier to be a traitor since people can't really be like "I'm in the room with the broken wall" when that's literally every room. There's maybe 1 or 2 readily identifiable rooms in the map, everything else is vague identical rooms.

The issue with the map isn't so much how it looks as it is how it plays. It's incredibly traitor-stacked because of how easy it is to mow people down, get lost, and not be able to call for help when everything literally the same shit in each of the 50 tiny rooms. You're pretty much fucked trying to find traitors if they have any remote indication of how to be a traitor. The only reason rounds lasted longer than like 1 or 2 minutes was because we didn't have enough people to find anyone, with like 9 people the rounds were lasting the entire round time cause the map is so huge and confusing.