? servers

? players online

Named Items

• Content Count:  8

Let's cut to the chase. If a CT finds a primary weapon with a T's name on it, but no CT ever saw that T with that primary, is that T KoS?

Example: On VIP in the Mix, if the order is "All T's have freeday no past first cell", and a T -- Named Bob in this example -- goes into pool, grabs the scout from the balcony, and then throws it on the floor. Later on that round a CT finds that scout and calls out "KoS Bob".

-->Bob is just an example name, and the situation proposed is just that, a proposed situation. Not calling anyone out or the sort.

• Content Count:  2941

This is one of those situations that fit in the very grey area of PB.

In this situation, I would not pursue the T just for picking up a gun and dropping it unless he had dealt damage to/killed a CT with said gun or is actively rebelling with it.

But that's just me.

@Wawa @Goku

• Content Count:  1612

I got a gif lined up for ya @Goku

ySOdPpl.gif

Unless the weapon is known to be the only one on the map, and requires you to go into a KOS area to retrieve it, such as the Scout in VIP(?), I wouldn't even worry about it.

But, weapons change hands so often in PB, it could be easily used the wrong way, and is just best to stick with if you actively see it.

Then again, why would a T have their name on a primary unless they are attempting to rebel? Most maps don't allow primaries to just be easily access by prisoners unless they go into a vent or secret.

Honestly, if we told CT's that they have the ability to kill based on who's name is on the weapon without needing a witness to the T having that weapon, is going to cause problems. It only takes 2 players with similar names to have someone say "Well, it looked like his name!"

This is exceptionally situational, especially while being dependent on the map, and on orders.

At this point, if you play on our Jailbreak servers, you're already on your way to being a discount lawyer with all these rules and technicalities.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  4441

I got a gif lined up for ya @Goku

ySOdPpl.gif

Unless the weapon is known to be the only one on the map, and requires you to go into a KOS area to retrieve it, such as the Scout in VIP(?), I wouldn't even worry about it.

But, weapons change hands so often in PB, it could be easily used the wrong way, and is just best to stick with if you actively see it.

Then again, why would a T have their name on a primary unless they are attempting to rebel? Most maps don't allow primaries to just be easily access by prisoners unless they go into a vent or secret.

Honestly, if we told CT's that they have the ability to kill based on who's name is on the weapon without needing a witness to the T having that weapon, is going to cause problems. It only takes 2 players with similar names to have someone say "Well, it looked like his name!"

This is exceptionally situational, especially while being dependent on the map, and on orders.

At this point, if you play on our Jailbreak servers, you're already on your way to being a discount lawyer with all these rules and technicalities.

Basically this, I wouldn't kill someone for picking up a weapon. They could have dropped it, someone could've picked it up and moved it. It's best to just play it safe.

• Content Count:  1612

A follow up question, as I'm now confused. Is the balcony in pool on VIP in the Mix a KoS area?

Yes, yes it is.

Rebelling and Blatantly Disobeying

Rebelling is when a prisoner performs one of the following actions:

• Enters a KOS zone (Catwalks, Teleporters, Armory, Vents, Invisible Walls/Objects, Secrets)
  • Picks up a primary weapon
  • Draws a pistol/zeus (secondary weapon isn't holstered)
  • Breaks out of cell
  • Harms/damages a CT in any way (includes grenades)
  • Kills a CT (includes activating a trap/deathgame such as death crate)

Thread found here: http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=64925

Credit to @souceboss for being a boss and double checking with me.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2589

This is a bit of a loaded question so there's no easy way to go about answering it.

On one hand, I absolutely hate the principle of killing a T because of csgo's naming the gun on whomever touched it first. The fact that he at one point had it, isn't grounds to kill him. It's no different than if a T accidentally picks up a gun, but then drops it. You can't kill him for that.

On the flip side, to get that scout requires you to go to a KOS area, meaning he went somewhere he shouldn't have been. I'm more in favor of treating it situationally. For example I'm pretty sure I said awhile back that it was fine when a CT killed a T since cells weren't open and he checked the name on a deagle that spawns outside of cells meaning the t had to leave his cell to get to it

I'd suggest to just not be a hard ass and ignore the name. Honesty i wish we could set it to where the name doesn't even happen since I feel it's a bit unfair to the T.

I'll ask Wawa how he feels about making it so that the name isn't allowed to be used to kill a T.

Edited by Goku

• Content Count:  2941

In that case why isn't top of cells on Razor KoS, since it requires you to use an invisible (secret) ladder above the "vip" cell.

In the older/other versions of razor, the ladder was visible. It had a kind of grate texture on it. (I remember people giving the orders to be on top of VIP cells back in CS:S.)

But since the ladder in that map specifically is invisible, like you say, it'd be nice to have some clarification on this.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.