? servers

? players online

Mac or PC

• Content Count:  4441

Alright this needs to be the END ALL to the Mac or PC argument thread. Get your best keyboard warrior face on and fight to the death.

I'll start by saying that mac is for edgy hipsters who can't play games on Launch.

God speed. :usa2:

[video=youtube;njos57IJf-0]

• Content Count:  127

The mac is basically a computer for people that don't know how to use a computer and helps them with everything and the p.c is much more harder to use and can be customized/upgraded and it doesn't baby step things for you but, it is much faster and more reliable than the mac so...

Winner is P.C

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2001

The mac is basically a computer for people that don't know how to use a computer and helps them with everything and the p.c is much more harder to use and can be customized/upgraded and it doesn't baby step things for you but, it is much faster and more reliable than the mac so...

Winner is P.C

Yeah.... No, that is not true at all. I don't know how much hands on experience you've had with the two operating systems but what you said is false. Apple optimizes their software and hardware quiet well, actually i would go to say it's best company you can go with if you want long lasting optimized components for a laptop. Some of apples iMacs are just fucking crazy power houses man, I've worked on/with some expensive mac machines and they are fast as hell and powerful as hell.

Compare any windows laptop with a mac laptop, a mac laptop is going to retain its value, work longer, have less issues and generally be nicer. Macs aren't really designed for gaming more so video editing, photoshop type of work.

Macs and PCs both have their places in the word, and yes a PC is generally better for gaming, I just felt the need to correct you on some points.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  3205

PC for obvious reasons

I only see Mac for major editing, photos, music, school work, and whatever the fuck else it does besides having less access towards gaming. Or if you're a Youtuber.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  154

MAC if you're extremely clumsy at using the internet

P.C. bc Windows 10 is great and has a lot more features at its disposable compared to the MAC. For gaming, not a lot of games are for MAC, so this is another plus for the PC.

• Content Count:  1385

Winner is P.C

lol. I am guessing most web developers and programmers in general don't know how to use a computer then?

You'd be hard pressed to find a laptop that's better than a Macbook Pro (even though it's a few years old now). The battery life and lifespan is insane. Very fast, pleasure to use and hardly ever break. The Macbook is a great laptop for people who travel around a lot & don't need a bunch of screen infrastructure.

Have you ever seen an iMac? Look at how much space the thing uses up and how much wiring goes into it. (very little, thing is essentially a big screen) How much power it uses and how cost effective the things are. They're perfect for businesses. I've been to a town hall in Viborg (Denmark) and that was the only thing they had. They were all very happy with them too.

The only reason you shouldn't buy a Apple laptop would be gaming, because they've never been optimized for that. They've always aimed at business/professional use though because they're so good many people buy them for general-purpose.

For example, my Macbook Pro can easily last on a single charge for the entire day. Apple guarantees 1000 battery cycles until the battery is considered to be consumed. Many other manufacturers offer much less and the battery lasts much less to start with. You can also use the thing after it reaches the thousand cycles and considering the high battery life to start with it'll still be better than most laptops. Spend around 200-250$ and you've got a new battery that'll last just as long.

Programs run quickly and smoothly, just like everything else on the thing. The search function is actually decent, unlike on Windows machines. I much prefer the overall design of the operating system as well. (though I might just be sick of Windows) Pretty easy to get support on problems.

Just overall a great device to use if you don't game on it.

Also, I'd like to hear about the Windows10 features that OS X doesn't have though. Never heard of any. @Clearly

• Like 2
Edited by Vy

Reply to Thread