? servers

? players online

SG Monthly Open

• Content Count:  501

MONTHLY CSGO TOURNAMENT

This is somewhat similar to my last idea/suggestion in the regard that it's a competition, but I fixed the common complaint that I had in my last one, which was that there could be team stacking.

General Idea

-SG hosts a regular CS tournament at the beginning/end of each month. Simple 5v5 matches(Single/Double Elimination/Round Robin).

How To Enter

-A plugin is to be created on the server, which will allow you to type a certain command in chat. Upon typing that command, writing will pop up informing and educating you on the tournament. Upon that page, you will be able to purchase your spot in the tournament (similar to how you purchase items in the server stores with credits).

-A registration page could also be created on the forums where you can signup.

Team Creation

-Teams will be created on the day of/day before the tournament begins. Players will be randomly be assigned to teams to avoid team stacking. Once assigned to that team, the players may decide on a team name. **NO INDECENT TEAM NAMES WILL BE PERMITTED**

Replacing Inactive Team Members

-Due to the month long registration period, many players may forgot about the tournament, have something come up, or just not show up to play in the tournament, which obviously would ruin the friendly fun that the tournament was intended to create within the SG community. As a solution, there will be a required checkin period once players are assigned to their teams. If (a) player(s) do not checkin, they will be replaced by someone who volunteers to be a last resort ringer.

•Once you are replaced you will not get a refund of the entry fee and will in no way be allowed to be re-entered into the tournament.

Entree Fee

Cost : 50 credits per person (how to enter is stated in the above text)

Paying for other players/friends : Disabled as that person may not want to/or be able to attend the SG tournament.

Refunds : No Refunds Available (So make sure you can commit to what you're signing up for)

Team Communication

-Each team is assigned a private channel in teamspeak to call out and discuss strategies.

-If a player does not have teamspeak, they can obviously talk in game.

Rules

1. No player disrespect. This tournament was created so that the SG community could have a friendly and fun event, there is to be no aggressiveness between teammates or enemy teammates.

2. No hacking (obviously).

3. No ghosting (if anyone spectating is caught ghosting, a server wide ban will be issued to them and the person receiving the ghosts).

4. No trolling/grieving (Includes but is not limited to flash banging, blocking, throwing, etc...)

5. Any current SG rules that are decided to be included.

A VIOLAION OF ANY OF THESE RULES WILL LEAD TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFCATION FROM THE TOURNAMENT AND A POSSIBLE SERVER BAN

Tournament Administration

-Certain Members (mostly trusted SG admins and staff) will be appointed to be the tournament administrators. They will handle roster changes due to inactivity/rule breaking.

-One administrator will be required to spectate each game to ensure that none of the tournament rules are violated.

Rewards

-The top 3 teams will all receive a certain amount credits depending on their placement (1st, 2nd, and 3rd)

-Bragging rights.

-Possibly a forum award/badge illustrating that they won the tournament.

There are obviously things that would need to be added/adjusted to make this work, but let me know what you guys think

:) . For some reason I decided to write all of this and insert all the BB codes on my phone. Don't ask why :( #KillingMySelf

• Like 5

• Content Count:  1920

This would be a sick idea, but with one small problem, what would happen if there were an odd number of teams that wouldn't be divisible by any number besides by itself and one (a prime number)? Would we wait for another team to join or what would happen from there?

This would be a sick idea, but with one small problem, what would happen if there were an odd number of teams that wouldn't be divisible by any number besides by itself and one (a prime number)? Would we wait for another team to join or what would happen from there?

If there was an odd team out, that team would get a bye (automatic advancement to the next round).

After last year's unsuccessful SGSL tourney, I'm not up for hosting this tournament at all tbh. There are just too many problems with doing this.

Oh, I was unaware that this had already taken place in the past. Apologies for suggesting it.

• Content Count:  1920

If there was an odd team out, that team would get a bye (automatic advancement to the next round).

But how would we determine which team that would be? And wouldn't it be a little unfair say if two teams had really good players and that one team had not so good players? The team that lost of the two good teams would probably feel ripped off.

But how would we determine which team that would be? And wouldn't it be a little unfair say if two teams had really good players and that one team had not so good players? The team that lost of the two good teams would probably feel ripped off.

The team that got the bye would be random, we can't just DQ a team because the number of teams signed up in odd. And the team selection as stated in the post would be random, so team stacking likely wouldn't happen. Maybe 1-2 teams would have better players but thats not preventable in any way.

Reply to Thread