ttt_slender_slayers removal

• Content Count:  1083

Map Removal

Full map name

ttt_slender_slayers

Type of map

TTT

Why should we remove it

please for the love of god remove this map. Why?

1) The map is HUGE and it is extremely easy for the round to reach the time limit nearly every round with only a few people left. This causes people to leave the server. Oh, and the turning off of the lights that people do EVERY round doesn't help either. This map can be fun initially, but for a lot of regulars or even people who have played it more than a few times it gets really old.

2) The map doesn't get picked very often anymore

Edit: I feel parts of this post may have been in poor taste, so I deleted them.

• Like 1
Edited by FLuiD

• Content Count:  1083

What a fantastic point.

Well, I like the map. I also thought that a lot of people enjoyed it as well. It has quite a lot of play time on the server and I hope it doesn't get removed.

like I said on TS, it doesn't have THAT much play time and a decent amount of the maps above and just below it are newer maps compared to slender

• Content Count:  1468

It's boring, tbh. It's a maze and it's rather hard to locate where you are (I've got lost a few times)

Overall not very fun, I've seen a lot of people get on the map and instantly try to RTV, and a few times we have.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1154

You really shouldn't speak for everyone when saying that no one likes the map or try to make jokes saying that there's something wrong.

I for one love the map and I know a couple of other people who do as well. I'll admit I've seen people rtv but it's because peoole would spam and tell people to RTV. ( @Brandon, " rtv so smiley doesn't get to play") hater :(

THIS MAP IS FUN, YOU GUYS JUST DONT KNOW HOW TO HAVE FUN.

Edited by smiley :]
My Engrish is bad

• Content Count:  562

You really shouldn't speak for everyone when saying that no one likes the map or try to make jokes saying that there's something wrong.

I for the one love the map and I know a couple of other people who do as well. I'll admit I've seen people rtv but it's because peoole would spam and tell people to RTV. ( @Brandon, " rtv so smiley doesn't get to play") hater :(

i agree on the first part,

However i find this map too boring, and i usually quit playing if it doesn't get rtv'd.

its not about not knowing how to have fun, but dark tunnels, maze ish layout and all that makes me not want to play it.

• Content Count:  1612

@nuclearonion already rejected this map 2 months ago and modified it a bit, adding some weapons.

However, I'm going to abstain from voting for now, and just throw out my opinion on this map. I honestly wouldn't mind it removed or kept, but it would be pleasant to see some decent points on this map from people other than "it's gay and I got RDM'd on it".

Pros:

• Maze-like tunnel layout, easy to set up an ambush
  • Can use a map interaction to turn out the lights, forcing players to use flashlights.
  • Slightly Spooky, if you're afraid of the dark..?

Cons:

• Entire map is restricted to a single floor, little to no platforms or elements for vertical gameplay
  • Not a lot of places to set up trip mines. I.E. Doorways, small tunnels, ect.
  • Maze-like tunnel layout, areas very similar: Bland, no real elements to use as callouts
  • Can use a map interaction to turn out the lights, forcing players to use flashlights. (Players groan and complain when the lights are turned out most of the time)
  • Everyone spawns in the same location, sometimes causing issues with players gettting stuck in each other
  • Props not anchored properly on some parts of the map, causing players to get stuck to the point of not being able to be released without an admin using a teleport command
  • The map name sounds like a Runescape Clan.

To be honest, the map design would be decent at best for a Monster/Slender/Saxton Hale Mod for GMOD/TF2, but I don't think it has decent enough content for TTT. Hell, this might have even been designed for a mod like such, but just modified juuuustenough for TTT.

Don't get me wrong, I love sneaking around in CS:GO, but the external flashlight mechanics make it impossible to use flashlights as a way to detect if a player is coming or going. Without your flashlight on, and looking directly at another player, it's difficult to even know if someone is facing towards you, or away from you. Given these limitations, it can give a bit of "spice" to TTT, but honestly, when a player dies to a flashlight mechanic, they feel a bit cheated. It's completely dark in there, so yes, you can use footsteps, making sneaking around interesting, but IMHO, it's not worth keeping this map.

TL;DR We could do better off without this map.

• Like 1
Edited by SL4DE
Voted

• Content Count:  1056

I for one love the map and I know a couple of other people who do as well. I'll admit I've seen people rtv but it's because peoole would spam and tell people to RTV. ( @Brandon, " rtv so smiley doesn't get to play") hater :(

Map gets a bit boring after a while but it is a good map :p

Noticed........