ttt_slender_slayers removal

• Content Count:  461

Map Removal

Full map name

ttt_slender_slayers

Type of map

TTT

Why should we remove it

Map still is same boring strats. Kill people, run, use the lack of guns to your advantage by getting a good spawn, and hide in the darkness that envelopes the radar's donuts.

Got RTV'd pretty quickly, we barely got through one round before the vote changed the map.

If the map doesn't get removed this time, I think it really needs to be changed at the least. Remove the fog or the dynamic lights, because both are ridiculous. I think the dynamics being removed would look better and allow better clarity, but the fog removal fixes the radar bugs.

If again, it isn't removed, guns need to be added. Either the map wasn't updated, or the guns were barely a change, because there are still nowhere near enough guns around to stop imbalances. Either the fight is one sided, or the fight doesn't happen. When another innocent has an AR, there is no need to trust anyone, because you can either kill them, or you will be shot at first by an AR and usually die.

BTW, since flashlights are mostly client side, and the server side ones are just pointed at the ground, there is no way to tell who can see you.

Currently, playing with a Glock/P250/Deagle vs people with AR's in a map where "darkness" and broken game elements is the advantage of players, isn't that fun. Not to mention that the table props in spawn, and anywhere else on the map, trap people all the time. They should be changed to prop_static's instead, so people don't get pushed into corners by them.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  11723

For the last god damn time;

NO

The map is unique, its one of a kind compared to others.

If you really feel its a bad map, rtv and get others too.

We already have a lack of maps.

Nuclear added more guns

I added a couple guns and will add more eventually, that should take care of the primary weapon problem for the most part.

@smiley

Help me out here girl.

• Like 1
Edited by Metal

Nuclear added more guns

"I added a couple guns and will add more eventually, that should take care of the primary weapon problem for the most part."

Either the map wasn't updated, or the guns were barely a change, because there are still nowhere near enough guns around to stop imbalances

Like I said, when I was on, there were not enough guns on the map for the players when I was wandering. I wasn't sure about what happened, just that it was said there would be weapons added.

• Content Count:  1154

NO

There's nothing wrong with this map... It's fun to play on and the dark makes it more interesting. There are a few times where the map does get RTV quick but only because someone shouts over mic, "RTV,RTV" and eventually people give in.

There are guns all over the map, you just have to look for them. In other maps, the guns are usually right in front of them. There are also plenty of pistols

You say that the map is the same boring strats, you kill people and run.... yet don't you do that in every other map? The point of TTT, is to kill people regardless of being an innocent/traitor. And obviously you run away after you kill people if you are the traitor, so you don't get caught.

There are guns all over the map, you just have to look for them. In other maps, the guns are usually right in front of them. There are also plenty of pistols

I meant as though guns are actually placed around it. Once you leave spawn to get a weapon there are only small spots on the map where there is one AR surrounded by pistols. Polluting the map with pistols and not adding enough ARs for players to find isn't going to be fun, it's just walking until you find/get a gun or get killed.

You say that the map is the same boring strats, you kill people and run.... yet don't you do that in every other map?

Yes, but as I stated, all those in the OP are the only strat that is reasonable and easy, because the entire map is dark. You don't need to hide in an area or a corner to avoid being killed, you just need to be in the fog. The darkness is just a giant corner that if you can run around in, there is no need to worry about being found(as long as you don't just stay in one spot). Flashlights can't be seen, and tracer rounds aren't on all gun.

• Content Count:  570

Honestly, the map's fine. The -optional- darkness does add intensity and individuality to the map, which I really love. However, the rather large map combine with the annoying fog which makes the "donuts" invisible for both detectives and traitors just makes the round last longer.

As I've experienced from example, in a 1 v 1 wherein there is about 3 minutes left on the timer, and the Traitor and the Innocent are on opposite sides of the map it would take a surprisingly long time for the Traitor, even when equipped with a radar, to find the Innocent and kill them.

It's probably just me nitpicking though.

I just feel there is no need; The reason by we wont add anymore dark maps is because we have slenders.

The main issue I fully understand is the size of the map and it being a maze, however that is the point of the map.. It's Slender.

Adding more guns or allowing the lights to flicker might solve a few issues but compiling this map took me HOURS, So I'm never doing it again.

But there are plenty of guns around the map; Today I played it 3-4 times and never once had an issue finding guns.

Flashlights are rendered on client only, tho you still see name tags without the flashlight, nothing can change about that.

Overall; You are saying the same things you said last time.

Honestly, If people start RTV'ing this map on round 1-2, I'd consider this removal but as that does not happen, I'll never support this.

No.

Overall; You are saying the same things you said last time.

Honestly, If people start RTV'ing this map on round 1-2, I'd consider this removal but as that does not happen, I'll never support this.

I am. I'm saying the same things because nothing but the amount of guns have changed, and at that point it feels the same.

The only way I got people on the map at the time was to convince people to vote it so that we could play it. People that play when I am on haven't voted it in a while and I wanted to see the weapon changes. When I was going around, the gun spawns were pretty much the same. Since that was the only thing that changed, and people started RTVing, I saw no reason not to make a second post.

I am. I'm saying the same things because nothing but the amount of guns have changed, and at that point it feels the same.

The only way I got people on the map at the time was to convince people to vote it so that we could play it. People that play when I am on haven't voted it in a while and I wanted to see the weapon changes. When I was going around, the gun spawns were pretty much the same. Since that was the only thing that changed, and people started RTVing, I saw no reason not to make a second post.

Feel free to decompile and re-arm.