? servers

? players online

Last Request Plugin?

• Content Count:  11

I was speaking with Goku about an Last Request plugin that the Jailbreak server once had. I just had a few questions concerning the plugin. First off will the Jailbreak server be seeing this plugin again? I personally believe we should have this plugin reinstated to the server because most "T's" request a freeday for the next round. Then most of the time the "CTs" will automatically revoke freedays and leave the terrorist with a pointless last request. I think the Last Request plugin would make it easier for the "CTs" and fun for the "T's".

Anyone else feel this way?

• Content Count:  3462

At this time, we don't use an !lr plugin because it forces CTs to be apart of an LR when there's a rule on our server that CTs are not required to do LRs. That and we've just always had the server this way since CS:S. At least in my years here that is.

Tbh I don't exactly remember why else we don't/never used an LR plugin, that may be the only reason as far as I'm aware of.

Edited by Nuclear Onion

• Content Count:  954

As onion said, it forces the CTs to take part in LRs when they don't want to.

The other thing is, in my opinion, it limits what happens in LR. With LR you can do literally anything, but if you do the plugin it'll just be pure kf/s4s/awp noscope

I mean, sure, it's already that way, but you still get some people who come up with silly shit for LRs like going through the death races.

• Content Count:  2589

I was speaking with Goku

TIL we had a convo about this >.>

At this time, we don't use an !lr plugin because it forces CTs to be apart of an LR

Just to throw it out there, the only lr plugin I ever saw, CTs had to accept by typing a command into chat. Granted that was back in CSS days. Still agree we don't have much use for it on our server tho b

• Content Count:  1612

I've not seen the greatest results from LR plugins on other servers, usually the plugin has a "REBEL!1!!" option, and it instantly gives the T 300HP, Full Armor, and a Negev.

Not sure about you, but unless your hiding a machine gun and armor in your pants, that doesn't do well for roleplaying. :twitch:

But, at the same time, I've seen them work, but on a mostly vanilla server, having a flashy LR plugin could distract from some other gameplay. I.E. Being the last T alive with a group of rebelling T's, then having a menu pop up in the middle of a firefight. It feels like it would be fun with a "new feature" feeling to it at first, but then quickly get old.

But, there's only one way to find out~

• Content Count:  11501

Out of curiousity, when did we have this plugin? I either managed or was a part of managing the server (two jb servers back then) from 2008 - 2014, and we switched to GO in like what...late 14? It might have been a thing when I brb'd to Afghanistan, but I never put an LR plugin on that server in all my years of managing / playing it.

• Content Count:  1468

Another problem is that, say a T is rebelling and just hiding in a vent. A CT gets close to him, starts shooting him and the T already has the plugin open, so he can quickly create an lr so that the CT doesn't kill him (this is if it was forced). This would be stupid to do, I like the current LR system as it is.

• Content Count:  3052

when I brb'd to Afghanistan

This made me laugh.. lol I interpreted that as like you were sayings it wasn't a biggy (kinda like running out to the store)

Anyway, I never recalled a time we had a LR plugin either

Reply to Thread