? servers

? players online

magic is confused on pardons

• Content Count:  3740

No one has to honor any pardon, regardless of who it is. Going against a pardon is a dick move, especially if it's your own and you're the CT that kills the pardoned T, but it isn't against the rules. I don't see this scenario happen often in CSGO either.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  2230

I know for a fact that other CTs don't have to honor another CT's pardon (asked Onion this before). As for if a CT has to honor his own pardon, I still think no. Would like to hear what Wawa, Onion or another higher up has to say though.

Personally, if you don't have to honor your own pardon, that destroys a part of the reasoning behind the game. In my opinion you shouldn't be able to lie to kill a T, even if that T disobeyed. If I'm a CT (which is never) and another CT pardons someone I will most likely kill them as it wasn't my own.

Although yeah, let's hear it from the law. B^)

• Content Count:  2589

Personally, if you don't have to honor your own pardon, that destroys a part of the reasoning behind the game.

Well, what exactly is the reasoning behind pardoning a prisoner that killed your fellow guard? The CTs objective is to control the Ts without dying. Allowing a T to kill your fellow CT by giving him a pardon doesn't really follow reason. And there are more reasons for pardoning a T but killing a CT is the most common.

• Content Count:  2230

Well, what exactly is the reasoning behind pardoning a prisoner that killed your fellow guard? The CTs objective is to control the Ts without dying. Allowing a T to kill your fellow CT by giving him a pardon doesn't really follow reason. And there are more reasons for pardoning a T but killing a CT is the most common.

I was only really addressing this to the use of a pardon if they killed a baiter or if the CT pardoning is in danger or the last one alive, therefore pardons them to (hopefully) remove their threat. I don't think pardons are good in general and shouldn't be given.

I guess I'm thinking more towards the officer's goal not being to kill all the T's, therefore not being able to lie to kill one. In my head it just seems a bit off for a CT to use a tactic where they lie to a T in order to kill them.

I'll just adjust to pardons being just as revocable as freedays. I guess it does make sense seeing the T killed a CT most likely so they should be killed. An officer lying just doesn't stick with me in the gameplay. My head hurts and I'm probably contradicting myself.

I'll just enforce what @Wawa and @Goku said xD

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.