? servers

? players online

New staff position?

• Content Count:  5674

I was in a competitive game with some Prison Break players and I told them about my idea and they thought it'd be cool. Now I think there should be a new staff position. This staff position/positions will be a lower rank than admins. It could be Moderator or Trial-Admin. Just so if you think (the people who choose admins) that someone is sort of ready, you can test them. Give them permission to kick, mute, and gag and maybe temporarily ban people? This could be a rank you achieve before becoming an admin and I just thought it'd be cool. Thanks for reading.

• Content Count:  989

I don't really see this as necessary, we have the administration strike system. 3 mess ups and you're out. (Depending on the severity). If there was a rank such as this, I'm pretty sure they'll just act like the way we want them to for that time span so they can achieve the rank. Personally see it as useless, if someone is deserving of admin, they will get it. If they aren't, they won't get it.

• Content Count:  6759

There's no point in making this like GMod servers lol. Stuff like this could easily be abused and then it makes admin applications useless. We use admin applications because we give off constructive criticism to the those that apply because it helps them understand their position in the community already. As Rawr said, we even have a strike policy for ALL the admins and not just SAs

Nothing wrong with the suggestion but it's most likely not going to happen.

• Content Count:  8754

We had already tried an apprentice program years ago and it didn't really pan out to be honest. The current system for admin is good as it gives requirements for people to be active in the community first, and there are controls in place to ensure if any abuse happens it'll be dealt with.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  742

I think what you're getting at here is the confusion between moderator and admin; here the admin rank is similar to moderator ranks on some other servers. It confused me a bit when I got here first but it goes like this (staff ranks anyways):

SG Ranks:

Server Administrators -> Legends -> Community Advisors -> Technical Administrators -> Administrative Officers -> Board of Directors

Whereas other servers might go:

Helper -> Moderator -> Manager -> Administrator -> Etc.

Its essentially the same thing in this case; we're just taking out extra steps. That's why you see other servers with more mods and we have more admins cuz we have no lower staff rank :larry:

Thanks for bringing it up tho, I always wanted to ask about that xD

I figured it'd be more of a renaming thing tho

• Like 2

• Content Count:  605

That's it, I'm gonna attack you violently.

Oh boy, getting into your new role already? Good boy!

EDIT:

Oh, and to get back on topic, there is definitely no need for a Moderator rank here at SG. Admin is a great rank, has plenty of power to do it's job, and having a lesser rank with slightly less powers or even no powers is not going to help but only add confusion.

• Like 1
Edited by SpaZMonKeY

Reply to Thread