? servers

? players online

Discord

• Content Count:  5379

Have you guys thought about switching from Teamspeak to Discord? I know Teamspeak is fairly inexpensive, but discord is free and in my opinion a way better client (side note it is still in beta) You can even use a browser version if you dont want to download the application. Check it out here

• Content Count:  1468

I believe something similar was talked about at one point (Maybe, maybe not?) but the idea was rejected as what we want is already there on TS, and we don't want all the community to have to download another program and make the switch.

This might be something talked about or something I'm just making up, either way this is my opinion.

It's actually pretty nice compared to teamspeak. There's a webapp so you don't have to download it and an official mobile app that's a lot better than teamspeak's. Hosting is also completely free and the developers plan to monetize it by selling cosmetic stuff.

It is still, however, pretty new and it'd be a pain if it ends up not being successful after everyone moves over. I'm pretty sure there's also a requirement that we ban someone a lot of people like before we move to a new voice application.

• Content Count:  2187

Inb4 we have one of our All-Famous Community Meeting and everyone's spamming Text-to-Speech as a way to voice their opinions (yeah, I know there's a way to disable that :p )

It's creative and, of course, free to use, but, considering the last time someone posted a thread about this got rejected, I don't think we'll be going for it. TeamSpeak seems like a fine choice for now. So if it ain't broke, don't fix it :isaac:

• Content Count:  4960

I miss vent.

I still remember the threads about wanting to move away from it to Teamspeak.

Took us only around.. 5-6 years to make the actual switch from Ventrilo to Teamspeak :)

• Content Count:  562

Just no to discord, i know its free and all. but i highly dislike it, and find it hard to actually join discord channels (im familiar with it from twitch). so i simply dont bother. Im happy with teamspeak and i wish to keep that :p

Reply to Thread