? servers

? players online

Google Contributor

• Content Count:  1459

So this is a new thing that Google is rolling out. So you give some money, I'm guessing different amounts for different websites, every month and then you see less ads than you normally would and the website gets that money. To understand more, just watch this video for it, but I want to know how you feel about?

• Content Count:  6242

Working for a place that uses ad revenue and has specific targeting built into the site, I'm not sure this would be a good idea.

Our website(not SG, my real job) has 2 or 3 ad platforms we use. We use a system that is similar to Google AdSense where it cycles seemingly random ads on specific sections of the website. We do have some control over it where we can not run some (ie. our competition, it has happened a few times) Then we have our in-house sales and marketing. We sell specific space to our clients for small things that either they don't want to run as a tv commercial or its specifically targeting. We also use some spaces for in-house marketing where we advertise contests and events that we are sponsoring (they are technically called ads as they aren't content). We wouldn't want people to just pay up to by pass that as other people are paying us to show it.

I think in some situations and some pages it would work, but in others it would be a disaster.

I don't understand how this will ever be a thing with adblock still around. Cool concept though, but it just looks to me like Google is trying to get a cut into every website's revenue.

Reply to Thread