? servers

? players online

Admin Recommendations

• Content Count:  170

I didnt know where to post this so if i am wrong let me know but I have ran into sort of a problem. I have been told it helps to admin recs for admin application. So I tried to get admin recommendations but admin ignore. Also I have noticed on some recent admin apps there has people been taking Admin Recommendations as a joke. So my question is do I really need admin recs?

Edited by Jr_Donkey
GRAMMARRRRrrrrrrrr!!!

• Content Count:  989

no you don't but personally i don't recommend you to put up admin application again.

Don't see why you're telling him not to apply again, that's not his question.

Donkey, admin recommendations are used for admins who support you, it's sort of past just supporting, it's like someone going out of their way and completely feel you could do great as an admin. As to admins not responding to you, it might mean they don't see it, forget about it, or don't want to recommend you, and don't want to tell you straight. Admin recs are useful in the case of some admins don't post on applications, but having their recommendation shows you still have their support. It's always safe just to ask, and if they don't give it, just ask why and work on the things they suggest.

• Content Count:  1468

By getting admin recommendations it not only gives you an idea whether you should actually apply for admin, but it shows that you've actually put time into your admin application.

Personally I wouldn't recommend you for the fact that you have been quite inactive recently.

• Content Count:  989

Don't twist my word, i said i don't recommend him to put up admin application and i forgot the yet.

I am not straight out saying "no you can't be admin because you are a potato"

Lol, I didn't twist your words. If you scroll up, and see your quote BEFORE you changed it, it said "I don't recommend you to put up an application again".

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1612

Considering that the higher ups make the final decision, I doubt it would necessarily hurt, nor hinder. The system isn't just straight support/abstain/nope, the reasoning's behind the community votes is what truly matters.

Applying for the application is up to you, whether you become an admin, is a different story altogether. The worst you could be told is "No".

• Content Count:  2187

Admin recommendations are not required, but are suggested, since they show that you have put so much time into the servers that you have gained the trust and friendship of fellow admins and it shows how much your fellow admins put their trust towards you.

Yes, as there are some apps where the applicant has joked around with the recs (i.e. "idk i don't need one/idk any admins give me admin" and etc), those types are most likely the ones that have been rejected. If you're talking about where some recs have disfigured names (for example, Frostbutten/Forstanal instead of Frostbitten), then that's most likely because they have established a high level of friendship with that person.

Other than that, it's highly recommended that you take the application as serious as possible if you plan to do so.

• Content Count:  6759

Admin recs are useful in the case of some admins don't post on applications, but having their recommendation shows you still have their support.

Just to add on, those that do rec should normally post on the app because the BDs want to see why those specific admins recommended someone for what reason(s).

• Like 2

Reply to Thread