? servers

? players online

Jail Break Rule Discussion/Suggestions/Comments

• Content Count:  3462

So I'm last ct on lego jail and I go into the scout tower. The ten Ts that are still alive quickly realize this after I kill a rebelling T, and all of them start shooting into the scout tower. Am I delaying the round by staying in the scout tower and shooting the rebelling Ts (all of which are shooting at me)? I can understand that it's delaying in the sense that they can't easily kill me, but I'm not going to last long with like ten Ts shooting into the scout tower. It would be different if I were just sitting in a vent halfway across the map. This is the first time since I've start playing that I've ever been slain (or seen someone else get slain) for something like this.

EDIT: Also, quite a few SAs seem to think that "Last CT can't camp" is a rule. This "rule" ends up covering way more situations than "Last CT can't delay" (like the example I provided).

FROM HERE

Correct, you were not delaying for you are clearly actually doing something, if you were just sitting in the scout tower not actually shooting rebels and just trying to camp in there to not be spotted, then I would consider that delaying.

I honestly would put delaying as more of a rule that an admin would have to think "Hmm, is this guy actually doing shit or is he trying to win the round?" It's all about the amount of time left on the round, the amount of Ts alive/with guns/where they are. It's just something that I feel an admin should use their judgement whether or not they should leave be or punish.

• Content Count:  1086

Should throw some things in like, freedays are not required, they are gifts. So people can't scream

• "cell door spamming freeday"

• "you opened cells before you gave orders. Freeday"

• " cells didn't open until X, freeday"

and medic is a gift not required. Way too many people ask to go to medic since they get warning shotted.

Also the there are no wardens thing. I guess these things are in !rules, but idk.

Edited by Lupin

• Content Count:  1612

There has been a small influx of returning players spamming the "sm_stuck" command in order to push other players into appearing that they are rebelling.

An example would be ordered "All Ts go inside of big cage. Once inside do not leave big cage.". Once inside, a T will position themselves behind another T near the entrance/exit, spam the command, and push a non-rebelling T outside the cage, making it appear that the non-rebeller is now rebelling.

Usually it's obvious who is spamming the command, and I will warn/punish those who abuse it for teamkilling/griefing. Am I correct in this matter, and would this follow under the rule: "No spamming of any kind?"

Thanks again~

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Content Count:  3287

FROM HERE

Correct, you were not delaying for you are clearly actually doing something, if you were just sitting in the scout tower not actually shooting rebels and just trying to camp in there to not be spotted, then I would consider that delaying.

I honestly would put delaying as more of a rule that an admin would have to think "Hmm, is this guy actually doing shit or is he trying to win the round?" It's all about the amount of time left on the round, the amount of Ts alive/with guns/where they are. It's just something that I feel an admin should use their judgement whether or not they should leave be or punish.

The issue here shouldnt be delaying, but camping as Last CT, which isnt allowed.

• Content Count:  2589

Am I correct in this matter, and would this follow under the rule: "No spamming of any kind?"

Well imo it would qualify as spam as it does spam the chat with "unstuck all players" or whatever it says. Regardless you could also consider this teamkilling which is against the rules.

The issue here shouldnt be delaying, but camping as Last CT, which isnt allowed.

Which is why I suggested in the thread cappn made before onion switched discussion over here, we should put the rule as "Last CT can not delay or camp." Covers all situations and is already basically the rule.

Edited by Goku

• Content Count:  6

There is no rule that says that the last CT can't camp. The current MOTD and its previous iterations have all had the line, "CTs can camp if it helps their team, but the last CT cannot not delay the round." Would you expect me to just run out of the scout tower and get instakilled?

Which is why I suggested in the thread cappn made before onion switched discussion over here, we should put the rule as "Last CT can not delay or camp." Covers all situations and is already basically the rule.

Except that would make the scout tower situation and cappn's example violate the rules, even when you said yourself that I shouldn't have been slain. There is no reason to add "Last CT can't camp" to the rules. If a last CT is camping but not delaying, like in the scout tower situation, they shouldn't be slayed. If the CT is just sitting in some random vent, then he/she are delaying and can be slain.

I agree. Just saying "Last CT can't camp" and slaying is both lazy and illegitimate.

• Content Count:  346

There is no rule that says that the last CT can't camp. The current MOTD and its previous iterations have all had the line, "CTs can camp if it helps their team, but the last CT cannot not delay the round." Would you expect me to just run out of the scout tower and get instakilled?

Except that would make the scout tower situation and cappn's example violate the rules, even when you said yourself that I shouldn't have been slain. There is no reason to add "Last CT can't camp" to the rules. If a last CT is camping but not delaying, like in the scout tower situation, they shouldn't be slayed. If the CT is just sitting in some random vent, then he/she are delaying and can be slain.

I agree. Just saying "Last CT can't camp" and slaying is both lazy and illegitimate.

1. We already know that rule. It's no delaying, not camping. Also this depends on the Admon.

2. I agree with you with this.

3. yes

• Content Count:  2589

I guess I just have a slightly different perspective on camping as last CT. As long as you are still enforcing the rules actively, I don't see it as camping. I know literally it is but still. And I'd even argue with you that scout tower is hardly camping as you have a clear view of the main part of the map. Compared to say when you're in soccer and that's all you can see. From scout tower you still have a view on the main cell area and most doors.

Perhaps it is better to simply state it as "can not delay" and let admins use their own discretion as what is and is not delaying. I myself wouldn't have slayed in the scenario given and I still stand by my statement that whatever admin did shouldn't have either, as long as you were actively enforcing the rules.

Edit: and again in regards to "there is no last CT can't camp rule" it's not in the motd but it is in the rules plug in if you type!rules

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.