? servers

? players online

the real football thread

• Content Count:  6712

Well....Boothroyd has been officially SACKED. Some people say he left because of the lack of financial support, selling of players without consent etc, and I would go with that.

Sadly I feel that both the chairman and manager are both useless, as Boothroyd was just not good enough tactically and his staff are rubbish too. All our good staff were sacked to reduce wage bills, and most of our good players too. This is one step forward...but what we need now is a new, well off chairman who is willing to spend on us, and a decent manager!!!!

• Content Count:  6804

Any rumours going round for a new manager yet? :laugh:

Doncaster are after Dean Windass on loan for a few months, would be a right signing I think, good old windass, and rumours about darrius vassell, but I dont think so.

Er.........

Currently there are a few rumours...dunno the truth in any of them though...

Alan Curbishley

Sam Allardyce

John Barnes

Ian Dowie

John Gregory

Kenny Jackett (previous manager)

Malky Mackay (please no!)

Andy Hessenthaler

At the moment we don't have much money so I can't see half of them coming. John Barnes would of come yes but he just took up a job at Jamaica....

• Content Count:  794

Wigan 0-0 Stoke

Disapointing not to win, but we definatley outplayed them, Heskey picked up an injury and went off, we started playing real football, they seemed to be pushing for throw-ins and hoping they could use there in-famous long throw to beat us.

Looks they were happy for a draw, a few chances for Wigan in the last ten minutes with a cracking shot from koumas and a sitter missed by Zaki.

Wigan 0-0 Stoke

Disapointing not to win, but we definatley outplayed them, Heskey picked up an injury and went off, we started playing real football, they seemed to be pushing for throw-ins and hoping they could use there in-famous long throw to beat us.

Looks they were happy for a draw, a few chances for Wigan in the last ten minutes with a cracking shot from koumas and a sitter missed by Zaki.

Could of been worse.

Sheff Wed 1-0 Doncaster, predictable, our so called strikers could'nt score in a brothel. Hit the crossbar from 3 yards out, missed pleanty of half chances and a few sitters. We outplayed wednesday in the 2nd half, but we cant finish. 7 Goals all season, we have 7 points after 4 games, now we are on 9 points after 16 games.

Terrible, horrible time to be a doncaster fan, we either need to get a striker sorted out (one that we can afford), or get a loan striker on the go. Otherwise get aidy boothroyd in, he could do a job.

Lol Aidy Boothroyd :001_tongue:

I think he would be ok for you. Everything at Watford is going pear shaped because of the chairman, and I think Aidy wanted to keep his reputation intact so he left. He does make some good deals, but he is also a bit inexperienced. Doncaster just got promoted, you can't expect miracles when the money isn't there. Watford however had the money, and we are under performing :closedeyes:

Lol Aidy Boothroyd :001_tongue:

I think he would be ok for you. Everything at Watford is going pear shaped because of the chairman, and I think Aidy wanted to keep his reputation intact so he left. He does make some good deals, but he is also a bit inexperienced. Doncaster just got promoted, you can't expect miracles when the money isn't there. Watford however had the money, and we are under performing :closedeyes:

:001_smile: I dont even remember what a goal looks like anymore, or how to celebrate, we need to start netting some of the "sitters".

• Content Count:  4263

Spurs 2-1 :d

we've made a great turn around after our terrible start, now picked up wins against bolton, liverpool and man city, and draws against chelsea and the scum. Bring on Liverpool midweek!

Reply to Thread