? servers

? players online

Do you think GameMe stats should be removed from the Jail Break server?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think GameMe stats should be removed from the Jail Break server?

• Yes, remove stats from Jail Break for the reasons listed, or for another reason (explain)
    • No, keep stats on Jail Break (explain why)

Remove GameMe stats from Jail Break

• Content Count:  528

Hello, if you read the title, and if you have been active on the Jail Break server recently, you would probably recognize this as a current hot topic of the server. I encourage you to read the whole post, as it explains in more depth, but if you're in a hurry, or just don't feel like it, there will be a tl;dr summary at the end of the post. I will also highlight important parts of the thread, so you can sift trough if that was what you would like to do as well. Currently as the server stands, there is the typical GameMe setup. Players get points for killing other players, and lose points by being killed. That's the basic gist of GameMe. Now, immediately, I see a problem here. Normally, on the typical "Dust2 24/7 No AWPs 16,000 Start Money" server, this system would be fine. But in a JB server, we start to run into some issues. Now you may be asking "What could possibly go wrong?".

Time for the main problem, and why stats should be removed. This is a server where admins are on almost all the time, enforcing what is probably, the most important rule of the server, the "No free-killing" rule and the "Warning shots required" rule. I will refer to this later, as the "Golden Rule of Jail Break" This should all make sense so far, to anybody, even if you're not an active player on the JB server. And this is the part where the debate and differing opinions will come into play.

Players want to be higher ranks than other players. People want to feel powerful. It's human instinct. We were made to compete, we competed for land, and now we don't need to do that, so we fuel our need to compete in other ways, and in this case, it's in the leader-board system. Because people want to climb to the top, and to feel more powerful than others, they will do it without being necessarily fair. And as I mentioned earlier, the "Golden Rule" is a very important thing to make sure that JB is a fun server to play on. If somebody is breaking that rule, then it ruins your experience in a sort, and makes the server less fun of an experience. And this is what people are doing to climb the charts.

Recently, I, and many other regular players on JB have noticed an increasing amount of players being more strict, and in many ways unfair, to gain GameMe points to get higher on the leaderboard. At first, this may not sound so bad. Just people competing to be the best. But it really does bring a negative experience to players on the receiving end, and in general, everybody else in the server. I can also confirm, though I don't take pictures of it, that these players do preform these actions for the stats, because when any of them die, they consistantly (after every couple deaths) use the !sgstats command to see how their points have fluctuated from recent events. Also, an important thing to note, players that doing this, are the players that regularly play on the server. Not all of them were all so concerned about stats, but just recently have some of them started caring, which is why I thought it was time to post this poll.

This thread was not made to target or attack any players. This is meant to help the server all around. I am currently rank 4 on the JB server out of just barely under 60,000 players that have connected. I like to think I did it in a fair way and didn't piss a single person off. Obviously this isn't true, people make mistakes, and some people continue to make them. Personally, even though I do have a "good" rank, I really would like to see the whole thing go. I've played on JB for almost 2 years now, and I've seen people come and go, and more noticeably, behaviors change. I personally, and I believe others are with me on this one, that it would be a more friendly environment if instead of when people are killed and having them worrying about dropping a rank, have them shake it off and realize that there is no point in complaining, and to just have fun.

TL;DR/Summary: Prison break isn't a competitive game-mode, and shouldn't be treated like it. Players make a negative experience for others via bending or breaking rules, for their own personal stat gain. Again, JB isn't a competitive mode, it's there to have fun, and I see no reason in adding a competitive aspect to the game. If players want a fun way to play competitively with higher skilled players, go to the scrim server (not saying it should have gameme).

Please only vote in this poll if you are an active player on the Jail Break server. This is because I want an opinion from others that are more likely to notice these arguments as well.

That's all I have to say. Sorry if I rambled, which I probably did. I really made 90% of this thread off the top of my head, and whatever I thought of, I typed out. I'm no writer, just an average guy who is hoping for some change.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  6465

Instead of GameME stats, it would be pretty fucking fun to have tags like Surf altered for PB.

As you gain kills as a T, you gain Rebel points or some shit and can get up to "Rebellion Leader" or something, and CT side can be "Warden" rank or something like that after you get so many kills on either side.

Have your rank change depending on what team you are on and how many kills you've accumulated on that side.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  528

It's a very useful tool when getting logs off of players (ID's, IP's, chat, etc). Like...incredibly useful. I don't think it will be removed.

Maybe not remove the entirety of GameMe. Keep the useful tools that you listed, but have stats removed (if possible). That would make more sense, I probably should have made that more clear in the original post.

Instead of GameME stats, it would be pretty fucking fun to have tags like Surf altered for PB.

As you gain kills as a T, you gain Rebel points or some shit and can get up to "Rebellion Leader" or something, and CT side can be "Warden" rank or something like that after you get so many kills on either side.

Have your rank change depending on what team you are on and how many kills you've accumulated on that side.

I could see this working in some ways, being really fun and interesting, but I can also see it striking the same problem I brought up, but to a lesser degree. People trying their hardest to get kills to get a higher tag than anybody else. I think it would be less of a problem for tags though, because it wouldn't exactly be something you can say, oh this guy is rank 13, that must mean hes good. Maybe if the tags were awarded for certain actions, like kills with certain guns, mvp medals, and something like time connected. It would still bring people to try, and to play the game the way it was meant to be played, but it would possibly remove some factors that are in the server at the moment.

• Content Count:  3150

Thanks for your valueable feedback' date=' it will be taken into account.[/quote']

This is a waste of an argument. Stats are just e-peen boosters + a cool way to keep track of playtime, gun usage, ect.

It's honestly not harming anyone, unless you're dumb and believe people free-kill more if there are stats. Guess what, they'd free-kill even if stats weren't there.

There are a decent amount of admins who frequent the servers that would be there in the case that someone is in fact "point whoring" i.e. free-killing, camping / not helping team, killing yourself to save points.

Don't fix what isn't broken.

You can bitch and moan about there being stricter CT's, or more freekillers, but its not. It's just summer and all the twerpy trouble making kids are out of school. There's always a new batch of toolbag CTs that come in and eventually have to be banned, put down, ect. This is a recurring process, and anyone who's been playing PB for a few years is fully aware.

Stats have been on since 2010, and they weren't a problem then. I find it hard to believe that they've suddenly started causing trouble in the last few months. On top of all this, everyone knows that if you're not in the top10, then stats don't really matter, and you'll notice almost everyone in the top10 is just and older + more experienced PB player of whom generally gives 0 fucks about stats.

The only exceptions to this are hiphop, who rarely plays and gets flamed out of the server.

and

Sol, who is generally monitored by admins as it's pretty obvious he pushes the limits when it comes to point-whoring.

At the end of the day, you get more points for being a terrorist anyways, so half your arguments are invalid out the gate.

• Content Count:  153

I didn't vote as I feel pretty neutral about the subject. I personally don't care too much about stats, but I can see why someone would.

I do think however that Xeno brings up an interesting topic. I'm not sure how stats are allocated currently but it would be really cool to see bonus points and ranks given to players based on special actions. Something like Deathchievements would be really fun as well as to have for PB. Like getting achievements for winning X amount of rounds as CT or getting X amount of jihad kills just to spitball some ideas.

• Content Count:  1086

I didn't vote as I feel pretty neutral about the subject. I personally don't care too much about stats, but I can see why someone would.

I do think however that Xeno brings up an interesting topic. I'm not sure how stats are allocated currently but it would be really cool to see bonus points and ranks given to players based on special actions. Something like Deathchievements would be really fun as well as to have for PB.

i thought xeno was joking

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.